QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Day 7, rolling on...

Jessy

Well today is the big 7 days for me! Sounds little so I don't know why I feel its been a year, im proud of myself, cant wait for the one month mark! This week is my week to call in my refill, but guess who's not picking up the phone..... this girl. :)

• Like 1

Congratulations Jessy!  One week quit is a real biggie. Welcome to the forum. It's a safe house for you to express whatever is going on for you.

I'm glad you feel good about how it’s going so far. This will add power to the challenge of quitting and rebuilding a life without Adderall.  Keep up the good work and keep posting.  I would love to hear your story when you feel up to sharing it.

• Like 1

Thank you, Thank you and Thank you! I've actually surprised myself with how great this is going, I've tried to quit a few times before but as soon as the playroom got to dirty or the laundry fell behind I would always fold! "I cant do all this without my Addie's"  I would say! I've been on them just a little over two years, I've tried them before but two years ago is when I "convinced" my doctor I had add, what I did have and still do is o.c.d and having those made it sooo much easier for me to make everything perfect! But as of last week I decided the emotional whirlwind and crazy mood swings just wasn't worth it! So im gonna keep on keeping on, my house sure doesn't look like as spectacular as it did last week, but me and my kids are happy so id say its worth it.. ;)  Thanks for the support, its help more than you know. 

P.S Craving so bad right now I could scream!

Fold! Haha it's funny how our brain tAkes one small task that say takes about 10 minutes ( small load of laundry that is ;).... And says u no what folding is better on Addie . But guess what that 10 minutes causes a restless anxiety filled night and a set back in our recovery processe. I was reading ur post about the play room, I don't have kids right now but I'm sure the hectic life with little ones causes alot of moments to think this task will be easier with an add. I get nervous about that one day.. But ill tell ya accomplishments as small as cleaning a room are far more rewarding when clean. Before adds they suck, during adds its a rush than a fall, and after we r clean -- well the overwhelming accomplishment feeling we get knowing we fought the urge and the I CAN do this feeling is an incredible gratuitous feeling that wouldn't even be there unless we went down the adderall rabbit hole. Climbing out is hard but that rewarding healthy accomplishment feeling is way better than any fake adderall high

How are u doing by the way?

• Like 1

Haha thanks Tessa, im doing pretty good, week two is much harder than week one, not the physical part its really just the mental part of it, cravings are awful right now! But, a friend of mine came by yesterday "always has a pocket full of life savers", and not only did I answer the door but I turned them down!!!! I had I hour fight in my head in the kitchen before I said no, but I did say NO.. that felt great! So im hanging in there, thanks for the support! ;)

• Like 1

That's good! Mental fights oh my gosh I hate that. It's like our brains forget everything

It put it through it just blows my mind . Today is day 2 for me I recently hit 16 days than fell off the wagon for a few days ..

I lost the mental battle or it feels like I just turned off. Ick. Hate it

Congratulations Jessy.  Is this the first time you've quit for over a week?  That's a big milestone.  

One thing to perhaps think about as you push on.  Do you know what led you to take adderall in the first place?  Because those demons will creep up again when you least expect it and you'll need to be prepared to face them.

I believe we all take adderall to be more confident.  If you disagree, say so... but I bet I'm right.  Think about why you want to be more confident and why you are lacking confidence and there is your prevention from relapsing ever again.  

Breaking free from the addition is much deeper than just stopping taking a pill.  Keep in touch as you peel the onion.... :)

• Like 3

Yes this is my first time quitting this long, today is day 10! I think lol... but close enough, and yes taking it for a confidence boost is for sure right, I mean I've always been perceived as a  confident person, but really when I would get in a group larger than 5 I could seriously freak out. haha but anyways im doing better on that end. Thanks for the post! Im actually on Suboxone and have been for the last couple years, and they made me so tired! So that's when I started with the Adderall just to stay awake. But im slowly coming off of those as well and were I don't take as much im really not that tired,  nothing coffee cant help!

Omg peel the onion. Exactly . Patience is what Im trying to learn and require. I like your tip on finding what made us start in the first place. Confidence for sure than all the other bullshit little reason ( ah hem, excuses) to keep useing. Confidence in my emotions and who I AM ) who am I? Definitely a question I was asking myself a whole lot around that time

• Like 1