QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How true this is!

ashley6

Love this!!! 

7. Practice gratitude.

Practice it out loud to the people around you. Practice it silently when you bless your food. Practice it often. Gratitude is not a first world only virtue. I saw a photo recently, of a girl in abject poverty, surrounded by filth and destruction. Her face was completely lit up with joy and gratitude as she played with a hula hoop she'd been given. Gratitude is what makes what we have enough. Gratitude is the most basic way to connect with that sense of being an integral part of the vastness of the universe; as I mentioned with looking up at the stars, it's that sense of wonder and humility, contrasted with celebrating our connection to all of life.

Oddly enough, I was thinking about a quote from The Titanic the other day and meditating on what Jack said.  About the part where he says, "I got everything I need right here with me."  I just googled it actually. Ha ha. No but, what I am learning is that this is what we must focus on.  All day long repeat these types of affirmations to ourselves again and again. As what I am learning is that as the subconscious mind focuses and dwells on these thoughts they will become reality.  But they must be repeated like crazy until they start to actually become automatic.

Stuff like, "I am happy NOW.  I have everything I need in this moment. I no longer live in the past, present or future. I am equipped, I am confident, I am awesome, I am fully engaged and I am overcoming all obstacles set before me. I no longer struggle. I am victorious. I can do and achieve everything I want in life. I am fulfilled, I am prosperous, I am enlightened. I am my best self today. I am better than EVER. I am hopeful, I am strong, I am compassionate, giving, thoughtful, kind, and programmed for success. There is NOTHING I can't conquer. I am satisfied and I am fulfilling my destiny.  I have what it takes and all my dreams are coming true.  Everyday I am getting better and better. I have everything I could ever need right and I am EXCITED AND HOPEFUL for all the days ahead."

Here's the quote from Titanic. Love this. :)

Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count.

Ok, thanks for posting this Ashley.  Great article!

Hugs!

• Like 1