QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I'm not myself any more

2B.MySelf.Again

I can notice now I feel like 2 different people... Even my BF of 3yrs says I'm not the person he met 3yrs ago... I just want to get back to that person I have 2 kids and after having them I noticed some of my ADD like symptoms becoming more apparent... So I went to my dr and they did the whole 9 yards but due to ins issues I ended up on adderall...

I have very rarely come across people that take what I do and it's not surprising but it definitely makes it hard to find people that can relate to your situation..

I currently take about 180mg a day

30mg IR QID &

30mg XR BID

Anyone I talk to says I can't stop cold Turkey bc of the high dose but it's really hard for me to have it and not take it has anyone been on this much and quit cold Turkey???

If so how did it go for you..

I'm really hoping for any helpful comments Ty

Not really my bfs working outa town for the next couple months and I've been on it for about a yr if it wasn't so long I wouldn't mind just quitting but I feel Like I've heard that withdraws off of 60mg can be harsh so I can only imagine what mine might be :(

The actual physical withdrawals only last a couple weeks I believe. I have stopped cold turkey (because I ran out of pills and money) before after taking 150-200mgs a day and after 3 months I felt normal. Unfortunately I didn't actually try to quit so I began taking it again and it eventually destroyed me from the inside out. It's good that you've only been on it for a year because the longer you stay on it the harder it is to quit. You can quit cold turkey at such a high dose and I would recommend you quitting soon before your health seriously deteriorates. 

• Like 1

I was on adderall 7 years or so, peak dosages around 120 mgs, but I bet there were times it was more than that. I was in such a fog, so who knows how much I was actually taking. Cold turkey was the only way for me to go, because I'm an adderall addict, recovering, but I know I'd never be able to control it. My question to you is, do you feel like your addicted? Your body will go through withdrawals regardless, but if you have the control to taper, I would think that would be okay. Your doctor is prescribing you 180 mgs? I didn't know that was even legal. Adderall withdrawal doesn't kill you, and it will be rough, but you can do it. As blesbro said, it works in your favor that you've been on it only a year. Stop while you're ahead! You have our support!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I  was also on a high dose...it is possible to stop cold turkey. however, i am consistently experiencing the following:

-insomnia

-anxiety

-paranoia (which i am learning to control, regardless of how mentally exhausting it is)

-mood swings

-random binge eating

-depression

-increased sense of humor (randomly;again, correlates w. the mood swings

I even feel bipolar at times...but know Im not...i just feel like my mind is screwing with me all day. I am so wrapped up in guilt and shame and fear all day i make mistakes and cant focus. but i remind myself to reel it back in, realize im NOT the only person on the planet, and try to think of something positive, like my future and goals.

blesbro thank you so much for your post. it helped me so much. and 2B; some words of encouragement....you're not alone. there are so many of us right there with you and so many who made it out the other side...and are whole again. you can make it through this. trust me i know how hard it is and i shouldnt even be giving advice but even though we're all at different stages in this horrible process, we all have one commonality: the desire to quit. and quit ONCE. ;) really...what the fuck (excuse my language) is the purpose of making these mistakes if we dont learn from them??

2B, if you havent read it already, I suggest you read the articles on this site about the "cold turkey" and 'taper down" methods. I can guarantee you that any and all questions you may have will be answered. The articles basically cover everything. And in reading them you will know where your path lies and you can start from there. every day is a new beginning!

• Like 1