QuittingAdderall.com Forums

The Final Stage of Mourning

BeHereNow

Occasional,

This is awesome!  I really love your way of viewing Adderall today.  I need to come to that acceptance place myself, but realize these are stages you can't force.  They come with time and healing.  I'm so happy you're at this place already.  Brings a lot of peace just thinking about it all from the angle you view it now.

Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

I am happy to see you coming to terms from a place of acceptance. You wrote a great letter to adderall. Thank you for sharing it.

Maybe now you can move forward with your thesis.  I wish you all the best in that daunting endeavor. You certainly possess the skill to write it.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone!    

Jon, I appreciate you saying that, and I think you're right.   The correlation is very close.  I've been working hard to get my ideas flowing, with various methods, and it's finally starting to go somewhere.   But I think it goes both ways too.  I think the sense of calm acceptance emerged in part from starting to write again, because I had to start approaching it from a completely different place that does not in any way resemble adderall.   And the calm acceptance of letting go is helping me write.  It's helping me feel calm and at peace about my thesis, which is conducive to writing flow.  

It's starting to go somewhere, and it's going to be great.  And 100% adderall-free :) 

• Like 2

Man your post says a lot of the things I've been thinking over the years - really outlining the love/hate relationship we sometimes have with amphetamine. We all talk about how "evil" Adderall is, but I think we sometimes forget its "positives." Personally, I don't know where I would be academically without it. The flaw is when we fall into the trap of becoming unable to accomplish anything without it.

There's something to be said for growing and persevering through hardship, but when you pop a pill to get through these hardships you aren't really growing at all. It has led, for me at least, to a stage of arrested development. I'll stop myself short before getting too long winded but I guess I'd just like to say that your post was beautiful, I really related to it, and I hope you continue to find that same personal strength to get you through these rough times.

• Like 1