QuittingAdderall.com Forums

So thankful to have found this website

Mcknz

Hi Mackinzee,

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to a new and happier life!   

Congratulations on one month clean!  I can hear it in your writing that you're going to make it for the long run.  I really hope I'm right.  You are way too good for adderall, and way too good to live a depressed life.  I'm really happy you kept looking into it, even after you found all that crap on the internet about adderall "not causing depression."  

This website has helped me to understand the effects of adderall on life, health, and my psyche so much more fully than any other website.  Everything else tries to pretend it's not that bad, "shouldn't cause depression if used correctly," etc.   "Oh, if its helping why don't you just go back on the meds?" Etc.   I can't even believe the lack of information available on the long-term effects of this drug.  Let alone information about quitting.  We the public ARE the lab rats.  By communicating with each other here, we can at least become more informed.

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies everybody.

I feel very confident that I will be sober for good. I've always been skeptical of my relationship with Adderall, but never trusted my instincts enough. It's so sad to me now that I would never just let my self be my self. Sober me is awesome...I have compassion for other people, I feel connected with the world, I have hope and passion for the future. Now that I am conscious and certain that adderall DOES rob me of all of this despite what friends, family, and the medical world might think I don't know how I can ever go back.

I don't like myself on adderall, I don't like having to tell myself what to think all of the time. Life is dull and bland. Food is bland. Feelings beyond the initial high are nonexistent. I lived to complete mundane tasks with no greater purpose...I even quickly lost interest in those tasks towards the end when I adjusted to my dosage again. My motivation for anything was a stupid pill and living a life with no natural motivation for ANYTHING is hardly a life at all.

Idk just having so many realizations at this point in my life. Glad I found some other people going through the same thing. I don't know if I'll ever have another shot at medschool because I threw away my drive and passion for a drug this past year and my grades fell as a result but I do hope one day I can do something medically related and get some information out there to people to let them know that there are serious dangers with amphetamines. To think kids as young as 5 are being put on it with no control over what long term effects it might have over their lives. And I hate that if I try and talk to people about these issues and lack of research regarding some prescription meds I get treated like I'm some paranoid hippie. I now know through my own experience that you have to trust yourself, always.

• Like 3