QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Quit-Once?

Greg

Here I am!

Wow, thanks for your concern everyone, especially you, InRecovery for starting this thread.  It made me realize just how valuable this community really is.

I have been taking a hiatus from all things Internet lately.  Actually from most interactions with a screen, unless it was work-related, becoming semi-unplugged.  I no longer seem to need all those welcome distractions provided by screen-type devices. 

I suspended my Dish Network service.  I have reduced my internet connectivity.  And I continue to resist getting a smart phone. 

For me, spring and summer are the seasons for being outside and getting stuff done.  I am sure that I will re-connect during the winter months.

I have been busy with my hobbies and busy with work.  Busy enjoying springtime in the mountains.  Busy taking on big projects that - up till now- have seemed overwhelming.  I have my motivation and confidence back!  Confidence coupled with clear thinking, and a strong, active body.  I have kept practicing yoga and established a workout routine that I do almost daily - High Intensity Circuit Training.  Granted it is not running miles per week like some of you, but is gradually firming up my middle-age flab and making me feel stronger. 

June 3 marked the beginning of my fourth year of freedom from Adderall and cigarettes.  I was going to come back here and update my original post with a three year update, but, to me, the three year mark felt less significant than  two years and much less important than completing that incredibly challenging first year of recovery.  Somewhere between two and three years post quitting, my recovery has given way to regular life, with all of its challenges and ups and downs.  I'm looking forward to the future, but not forgetting the lessons of the past, especially when it comes to addiction.

• Like 3

Thank you for your very positive and hopeful post. I am so encouraged to know that you have your confidence and motivation back! Knowing this is huge for me. I can be patient for a little while longer now. It's a lot of stress to let go of. Thank you.

It's good to know that I am not the only one still resisting a smart phone!

• Like 1