QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I think I'm a hypochondriac now..

duffman

As the title would suggest, this recovery process has turned me into a hypochondriac. Perhaps it has to do with the increased anxiety - I'm not sure. It's odd though. I have no doubt that what I'm experiencing has to do with me not taking stimulant medications, but that hasn't stopped me from constantly researching what else my various symptoms could or might be derived from. I believe (still believe) that my current symptoms cannot fully be explained by withdrawing from Adderall. I also recognize that when I take a step back and look at the list of things I've come across that may explain my symptoms, I look like a crazy person. Here's what I've found so far:

Low testosterone - Fatigue, low libido, weight gain, difficulty building muscle. Check!

Adrenal Fatigue - Fatigue, tendency to have low energy throughout the day and a burst of energy after 11 pm, weight gain around midsection, low libido. Check!

Pseudo-Cushing's Syndrome - Fatigue, muscle wasting in extremities, fat gain around midsection, low libido. Check!

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Pretty much all what's listed above. Sure why not! Check!

Okay this is getting embarrassing, but still more!

Withdrawing from past SNRI use (may be warranted, since I did quit my old SNRI medication a little over a year and a half ago)

Withdrawing from benzodiazepines- For the last couple years of my stimulant medication use, I needed a downer in order to gather a few hours of what may or may not qualify as sleep. Check!

Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome- Can't seem to get my sleep cycle synced with life's schedule. I'm a zombie throughout the day, and miraculously (annoyingly) awake at night. Check!

Hypothyroidism- Lethargy, cold extremities (sometimes?), low heart rate (used to stimulants artificially bumping my heart rate to 90-100, not used to seeing 58 when I check now), weight gain, depression. Oh boy, Check!

Okay wow, that was rough.. rougher than I would have expected. This was an exercise for my benefit, since I've never really taken the time to consolidate all the possible diagnoses into a list. No wonder my significant other finds my "Okay, I think I know what's wrong with me now" speeches to be irrational and tiresome. This is sad. If a friend came up to me with a ginormous list of this magnitude, I would politely nod till about halfway through when I'd have to stop him/her and take time to ensure their mental facilities were still in place. 

I must ask, has anyone else experienced hypochondria going through this wretched withdrawal process? For whatever reason, I can't seem to admit that the Adderall withdrawal process is as debilitating as it really is. 

www.Wheatbellyblog.com  

Take a look at this blog and type in your "ailments".  You will see that inflammation from wheat and sugar causes them all.

Adderall makes you ignore poor feelings.  One of the hardest physical things I experienced after quitting was enduring a cold without the pills.  I could not believe how crappy I felt and how I just wanted to stay home and recover.  On Adderall, I would work through anything, except a stomach virus. 

Without the Adderall, you can truly experience the crappy feelings...physical and emotional. 

I have all those same issues I don't think you can link all of them towards sugar and wheat intake. I know plenty of people who eat like crap yet have enough energy to run non stop through the day ( without adderal) . How long have you been off adderal? I'm now coming towards my 5th month on the 20th and I'm slowly starting to feel more normal. I'm taking a lot of supplements that seem to help it might be all in my head but I'll keep doing them for now. Last week for me was one of the worst weeks for some reason the need to use came out of nowhere and lasted a few days. This week is better plus the longer days with warm weather always help.s Normally during the summer sometimes I use to cut back on my adderal use because i dint feel the need to use it as much.

• Like 1

You would be surprised at how much inflammation caused by wheat and sugar can damage your body.  They cause TONS of issues which resolve with avoidance.

It has worked for me.  To each his own, of course.

Wheat and sugar have been hypothesized to perhaps cause many of the aforementioned problems. I appreciate the advice, but this isn't the case for me. I've eliminated all processed grains and sugars for quite a few years now.  

• Like 1