QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I wrote a book despite the withdrawal

bagheena

Holy crap, Batman! I just finished writing a novel and a short story. Life sucks and I can't find the motivation to get out of bed, but I still managed to find the gumption to write a couple of books. (To be fair, I outlined them both back when I was on Adderall, but still.) I churned those things out one word at a time. I've even gotten some positive feedback on the short story so far. If my dopamine wasn't so useless, I think I'd be super proud of myself.

If I can do something like this despite a dopamine deficiency the size of Alaska, then anything is possible for anyone. We are not limited by our mistakes.

Just wanted to share. :)

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

agreed- i'm very impressed! i am slowly getting myself back into poetry. i find it a great way to exercise my vocabulary and eloquence- things that were severely crippled for a long time after quitting.

i enjoy it immensely, but i'm still struggling with actually spending the time to do it, if that makes sense. it's so much easier to just netflix lol

• Like 2

That’s great seems like a lot of people who took this have some kind of writing background not me obviously. I did accomplish fixing a dirt bike this week that’s sat for three years in my garage. Something like that in early recovery was unthinkable just had no motivation besides forcing myself to work to make money. Now if I can just finish that damn treehouse. 

• Like 4