QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Andyd2

Hello,

For context: I’m 7 months off adderall (I took 20mg XR for 11 years and I’m currently 30 years old).

Has anyone else become Insulin Resistant from long-term adderall use? During my last year on adderall I took Zoloft then Cymbalta (I’m off it all now) which I don’t think helped but my doctor says my insulin levels are too high. I’ve been on a no sugar/carb diet for almost 2 months which has definitely helped me lose weight (in addition to take Metformin and Inisotol supplement). I’m hoping my markers get lower the further I get along my recovery because I’m genetically not pre-diabetic or anything. Does anyone relate to this issue or have any advice on if some of these insulin/pancreas issues are tied to adderall use and if they will get better? Most people in adderall withdrawal say they have metabolism issues so I’m wondering if this is the same thing (insulin resistance used to be called a metabolic disorder). Curious to hear anyone’s thoughts, direct or tangential :)

Thanks,

Andy

I have the same question.  When I quit adderall I had all the symptoms of diabetes.  And I thought I was getting it.  Of course it could have been the phychosis making me think that, but I still have tingling feet and ive been off adderall 2.5 years. I strongly suspect that my tingling feet are from my long term adderall use..  I’m Pretty sure I was tested for diabetes. I know for sure that adderall can weaken the body and that makes it more susceptible to illness.  Wonder if anyone else has any insight on this. I hope you get better soon. I’m sorry you are having to deal with this. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My blood sugar is usually high in the morning which isn’t normal. I did the 2hr glucose test etc and passed no problem. Docs can’t tell me why I have high levels in the morning as it’s not like I am eating pure sugar at night or eat late meals. One doc told me my cortisol was a little high in the am which can elevate blood sugar... 

• Like 2