QuittingAdderall.com Forums

You have all helped me

Ready4Change

Beautifully written. I am with you every step of the way - the intensity and timeline of your recovery matches mine to a T.  As you already know from the forums - for long term users like ourselves, recovery takes at least 2 years.  Life expectancy is like 85 so we have another 40 plus years!  Two years is a no brainier trade-off and the hardest part is behind us.  I am 15 months into recovery and going back to work finally starting this Monday.  I have a wife and 2 kids and recovery put me out of work for 15 months.  Am I "excited" about it - no, because I still suffer from anhedonia - but it's intensity has significantly decreased overtime.  Is my personality "whole" again? Not at all - but SIGNIFICANT improvement over time - little by little.  

• Like 4

Your post is remarkable and we are so lucky to have you here!  I just turned 40 in May so we're right about the same place in life.  Please keep providing updates and sharing.  Your post made my day. :)  We have a great group of people here and so glad to have you join us!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...