QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Got Engaged Last Monday

DrewK15

@SleepyStupid I thought I’d create a separate post for this topic, thank you for the congratulations! 

I got engaged last Monday to an amazing girl and am so stoked. This is yet another awesome milestone in my recovery and I wanted to share it with you all. I also wanted to link a post I made about feeling lonely a little over a year and a half ago, what’s crazy is I made this post only 3 days before I started dating my now fiancée. I’m so glad I documented my feelings and experience to look back on:

Keep fighting the fight for sobriety everyone. I’m coming up on 2 1/2 years sober next month and things continue to look up. It’s been the hardest 2 1/2 years of my life, but I’d have it no other way. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, DrewK15 said:

I’m so glad I documented my feelings and experience to look back on

so much ^this! sometimes we get so lost in "waiting to feel better", we fail to see the tremendous progress that we are making.

finding a terrific girl was also what kept me on the straight and narrow. there is definitely something magical about love - so happy for you :D

• Like 3