QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Chronic relapse

Lizzyc

These stimulants are a bitch. I was clean 1 full year. Been in and out the past 2. Put my entire medical career on hold (now going on 3 years). It’s GOT to end. What happens is I get a few weeks, then I think I can go back and take as prescribed, so I can lose those last 10 lbs, and the cycle repeats…

And time just keeps passing. I keep putting my career on hold, my LIFE on hold, and it’s scaring me that I can only see the truth, that window of opportunity, for a tiny split second.

I pray, do steps, know how it works in the brain, etc. How do I let go of this reservation that’s killing me? 

Any hardcore relapse track books, do I need to read the facts to myself every night before I go to sleep. Please, any advice, tips, I’d be so grateful. I’m desperate. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, cant believe nobody replied to this post. I got 2.5 years and I got through my first year doing AA and quitting alcohol. I think the key was giving myself enough time to quit and going to support groups at AA. Going to my higher power every day and following the steps. Hard to fail if you do the program and get support. Must give yourself enough time to adjust to sobriety before putting pressure on yourself. I gave myself two years with no pressure to succeed in my career. Just allowed myself to be a loser for up to two years...and now things are radically better. I get as productive at times now as I did when I was peaking on Adderall. Good Luck

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

Wow, cant believe nobody replied to this post. I got 2.5 years and I got through my first year doing AA and quitting alcohol. I think the key was giving myself enough time to quit and going to support groups at AA. Going to my higher power every day and following the steps. Hard to fail if you do the program and get support. Must give yourself enough time to adjust to sobriety before putting pressure on yourself. I gave myself two years with no pressure to succeed in my career. Just allowed myself to be a loser for up to two years...and now things are radically better. I get as productive at times now as I did when I was peaking on Adderall. Good Luck

How did you do this at first while working??