QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Quit cold turkey- Fatigue & no motivation

Sb204811

I quit Adderall cold turkey 9 days ago and the hardest part has been feeling like I have absolutely zero energy and not being motivated. I keep putting off my work tasks and working from home so I can lay in bed because I just feel helpless and exhausted. When does it start to get easier? Any tips on how to stay focused and motivated?

• Like 2

I hope you get some relief soon.  I just finished day 22 after weaning off and I've had very few withdrawal symptoms and what I have had were minimal.  I tried to go cold turkey last May and gave up after 15 days.  I quit cold turkey years ago and stayed off for a year and a half.  Tried a few times since.  I won't go into detail on me since I posted a detailed topic covering it the other day.  Everyone is different and I've actually had a different experience every time I have quit cold turkey.  It all depends on how much you took and for how long.  Hang in there.  Forcing yourself to do 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day, and clean healthy eating can be a lifesaver.    

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I totally feel ya on the no motivation. My life seems to be a mess and I am only on day ten. I finally tried a wellbutrin again today and it helped. It makes me feel weird but does seem to give me a little motivation. I also tried Lion's Mane, Bulletproof Neuro enhancer coffee pill and lots and lots of espresso. Coffee and tea make me jittery but I have found espresso helps get me a little motivated without the jitters which is better than nothing.

It sucks but eating clean seems to be sooo important. And I am trying to figure out if gluten and or carbs are causing more fatigue as well. On the days I eat a lot of nuts, eggs, chicken, drink tons and tons of water too. It's almost a full time job it seems right now just to be focusing on making the right choices to be able to get through the day with natural energy.