QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Question from a new member: What are the most important benefits of quitting adderall?

nobody000

• nobody000 changed the title to Question from a new member: What are the most important benefits of quitting adderall?
  • 3 months later...
On 4/21/2022 at 6:15 PM, sirod9 said:
  • the ability to numb my emotions
  • ability to escape into the void
  • not sure what else
  • The false sense of control

Holy shit... the numbing of emotions is crazy. I didn't even realize that's is partly why I continue using. so thank you for saying this I needed to see it in words. I mean I knew intuitively that is what was going on but I just said nahh I'm fine. but to see someone else experience this also it is a wake up call. can I ask how you coped with this?? I think one of the main reasons I relapsed at a year was energy levels being low and just feeling sad. I guess therapy is the right answer lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dolssa said:

Holy shit... the numbing of emotions is crazy. I didn't even realize that's is partly why I continue using. so thank you for saying this I needed to see it in words. I mean I knew intuitively that is what was going on but I just said nahh I'm fine. but to see someone else experience this also it is a wake up call. can I ask how you coped with this?? I think one of the main reasons I relapsed at a year was energy levels being low and just feeling sad. I guess therapy is the right answer lol

Hi Dolssa - The way I got through the last year has been acceptance. Acceptance of myself, how I feel, how I look, and my situation. The tendency to control the situation and beat myself up was still there, but I did not fall into that trap all the way. Just halfway : b. If you allow yourself to be exactly the way you are, today and your mind begins freaking out, telling you something is wrong, just keep coming back to acceptance. It will get better, but not right away.

You can't smell the roses if your all unhappy about the way you feel. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have so much to say about this.  But not enough time to write it all.  

Off adderall

I can achieve a sense of calm and inner peace

I can discern what is a priority and what isn't

I don't talk "at" people and I am more curious about actually observing my surroundings and attuning to others.

On adderall: 

Don't have to be scared I'll suddenly get too tired to finish the day

My morning anxiety ab facing the day is gone 

I can get tasks done that otherwise sit on my to do list for years 

This is just a little fraction of thoughts; i have much more, but i dont have time to write more now

• Like 1