QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I'm just so tired of this. I feel so defeated.

I'm so sorry Delaney....I'm right there with you about feeling defeated. I haven't posted in 2 years and to be honest the last 2 years have been some of the craziest of my addiction and life..I did quit for over 2 months from all substances (amphetamine, alcohol, tramadol) back in January but then a wedding the first weekend of April threw my whole world into a tailspin again. 

Whats funny is I was gonna post on something back when I hit day 60 about already feeling like a completely different soul (I worked on my health and fasted and felt seriously like a different person, for the better) but I didn't because I was scared I would look like an idiot by relapsing for the thousandth time.  Sure enough I did....so for the last 5+ weeks i've been going hard and its been the worst 5 weeks of my life. It's time to kick this shit for good.

• Like 2

Hang in there. One day you’ll be able to quit for good. I went back and forth for yrs trying to get off. This is the toughest addiction on the planet. I’m 3.5 yrs clean…, but I literally walked into my family members house the other day to two new adderall bottles on the counter. All I’ve been thinking about are those damn pills for days. I didn’t take any or ask for any thank god. It’s just crazy how it still has a hold on my mind. Be proud of yourself for trying again! It is not easy! 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2022 at 8:23 PM, eric said:

I'm so sorry Delaney....I'm right there with you about feeling defeated. I haven't posted in 2 years and to be honest the last 2 years have been some of the craziest of my addiction and life..I did quit for over 2 months from all substances (amphetamine, alcohol, tramadol) back in January but then a wedding the first weekend of April threw my whole world into a tailspin again. 

Whats funny is I was gonna post on something back when I hit day 60 about already feeling like a completely different soul (I worked on my health and fasted and felt seriously like a different person, for the better) but I didn't because I was scared I would look like an idiot by relapsing for the thousandth time.  Sure enough I did....so for the last 5+ weeks i've been going hard and its been the worst 5 weeks of my life. It's time to kick this shit for good.

Weddings always fuck with my mind!!!

On 5/9/2022 at 8:23 PM, eric said:

Reading this makes me feel better

On 5/9/2022 at 7:30 PM, DelaneyJuliette said:

I guess I'm going to make tomorrow day 1.  I'm just so defeated.

Well I did NOT make today day 1.  So tomorrow will be day 1.  I need to post here daily.  Thursday gonna be hardest.  I need to get off everything.  Pattern.  Give up adderall, still want to feel different,  slightly misuse klinapin or ambien which I don't like.  Then I go ammeter what I really want.  A d the. I make it be like 4 days cuz I promise myself I won't be doing it again.  Can I be more predictable?  I need a PLAN for when the cravings come.  They are like ripping my skin from the inside out.  But that's dramatic.   I just do need a plan and I'm scared I don't have one.  What I k ow is no adderall tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Whats crazy is during that 67 day clean period I went to many events and ceremonies that I didn't drink at and I was perfectly content and probably happier and more in the moment then in times past...

However, I was in the wedding party with alot of my former party friends and I told myself "okay only one tramadol and thats it"...that led me to drinking more than a few beers which led me to saying "f it" and I took A's to get that boost. I told myself "okay only for this weekend and back to the grind monday". That didn't happen either. Makes me sad because I can't get that same quit feeling like I did back in January even tho I know that life can be drastically better...So FRUSTRATING!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, DelaneyJuliette said:

I guess I'm going to make tomorrow day 1.  I'm just so defeated.

me too. been using every day for 6 months after a year and a half clean. day 1. im so done and starting to feel hopeless. you arent alone :/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still struggling to get this demon off my back.  It's so wild how my brain can forget about all the negatives within such a short amount of time being off this crap. I also remember how much better I can feel after being clean of this stuff within 40 days, along with a cleaner diet. However, the drug is able to take over critical thinking part of my brain and give in to the pleasure part.  Just ridiculous... Day 1 tomorrow...

• Like 1

Day 5 today...back in the fight and doing good.  Getting solid sleep, eating like a maniac, being a present parent and husband, and not feeling like a zombie.  On Friday (Day 3) I successfully fought the addiction when it told me that taking tramadol wouldn't be a big deal since its not adderall.  I've gone down this road so many times and I had to remind myself that one thing leads to another and before I know it I'd be getting my hands on adderall.  So I talked myself out of it very quickly and it felt great realizing its just the way my brain has been wired over the last 8 years and I can overcome these urges by knowing what the outcome will be.  Sooooo...I'll be checking in again with more updates..I probably need to start a new post instead of taking over this one lol

• Like 1

Day 6 today. No urges to take anything today...well maybe a few cravings but just quick shooting thoughts about it, just lethargic and ready for school to start so theres more normalcy in the household lol. Happy that I'm day 7 tomorrow and going to get some bloodwork done to see how my body is on that front. I've been neglecting my health over the years so it would be nice to get a baseline again on where I'm at. Best of luck everyone!!

• 2 months later...