QuittingAdderall.com Forums

VENTING

dolssa

Hi I've been on and off this website for most my twenties. addicted for most of it. I managed to get clean for a little over a year and relapsed in 2021. I am now 27 and have been using ever since the relapse. (I take the prescribed amount 40mg vyvance) but I know its doing more harm than good. Im isolated, can't get out of bed without it, robotic. you guys know. anyway I spend a lot of time on Tiktok and does anyone ever see anyone else trying to get clean from like alcohol or other drugs, and they literally have to go through like A MONTH of withdrawal until they start feeling better?? god, I know all addiction is an illness but Adderall truly has to be the hardest to quit. maybe I'm biased, but because if you've read enough stories on here you know it takes about TWO YEARS to start feeling like yourself again and I am just SO JEALOUS of people who get their little 30 day chip at AA and say they feel better and can't believe how hard the month was.. A MONTH?!!!!! I tried this shit for YEAR and did not feel like I did before I started this devil pill. jealous isn't the right word. I'm not jealous of alcoholics or trying to minimize their struggles or suffering. It just makes it that much more discouraging. cause I quit once I know what it entails. I don't want to spend another year in my room unable to get out of bed. at least when I'm using I can experience a little life, even if its a roller coster. also ill just be scrolling Tiktok and a video glorifying Adderall comes up and It just makes my brain tell itself see its okay you can take it. whatever.

• Like 2

I weaned off and I feel like my old self after about 7 months.  You can try that with your Vyvanse.  I think there is an article on ADHDBoss website where the guy tells you how to dissolve your pill in water to create Vyvanse water.  It has directions on how to measure it and lower the dosage to step down off of it.  

My advice?  Vyvanse is difficult to wean off of or stop taking for me.  It made me crazy in general and gave me many side effects.   Adderall is much easier to wean off of because it isn't time released and your blood stream isn't used to a constant flow of the drug.  It gets your body more prepared for the comedown after quitting because you experience it so often when each pill wears off.  It is also easer to cut and measure.  I switched to Adderall because I knew it would be easier to stop than time released versions.   I'd recommend going that route and weaning.  

Look, the bottom line is that you can't take this forever or you will have a stroke or heart attack.  It really wears down you nervous system and heart.  The day is coming when you can't take it anymore.  You can look at it as I'm going to do it while I'm in control of the timing and environment or you can wait until nature makes you do it by crippling you or putting you six feet under.  That helped me mentally fight the battle when I chose to cut it off.  I've never felt better.  I just hope I can fight the damage it has done to me for 20+ years and live a long life going forward.  

Good luck on your journey, in whatever you decide to do.  

• Like 2