QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One Word Status Update

JustinW

Indecisive...I have a job interview tomorrow, but I am thinking of cancelling.  My current job is perfect and the only benefit to the new job would be money, and more responsibility.  Oh, and an additional 30 minutes to my commute.   When I type it out, it makes me really want to cancel.  Is this just my lack of motivation? 

Thoughts?

Indecisive...I have a job interview tomorrow, but I am thinking of cancelling. My current job is perfect and the only benefit to the new job would be money, and more responsibility. Oh, and an additional 30 minutes to my commute. When I type it out, it makes me really want to cancel. Is this just my lack of motivation?

Thoughts?

You could always go on the interview and then take some time to decide. It sounds like you're happy where you are though. Plus a longer commute doesn't sound appealing. Why did you apply for the job in the first place? When I got off Adderall I really wanted a new job and I didn't care if it was less money, but it took me 18 months before I had the confidence to start looking for other jobs and go on interviews. If money is the main benefit of the new job but you wouldn't be as happy, that could be a problem.
  • Like 1

Indecisive...I have a job interview tomorrow, but I am thinking of cancelling.  My current job is perfect and the only benefit to the new job would be money, and more responsibility.  Oh, and an additional 30 minutes to my commute.   When I type it out, it makes me really want to cancel.  Is this just my lack of motivation? 

Thoughts?

Always good to go an hear about a new opportunity.  You don't have to say yes. 

• Like 1

I just think I need something to motivate me.  I don't think this job is necessarily the thing that I need, but you never know until you try.  I had the interview and it went really well, but I was my usual outgoing, ADHD self (rambling, overly excited, etc).  I am not sure if I will get a call back, but it was nice to get dressed up and waste a day of sick leave...

I just think I need something to motivate me.  I don't think this job is necessarily the thing that I need, but you never know until you try.  I had the interview and it went really well, but I was my usual outgoing, ADHD self (rambling, overly excited, etc).  I am not sure if I will get a call back, but it was nice to get dressed up and waste a day of sick leave...

Motivation is funny thing at your stage of recovery. A new job can be good, but I would be careful of switching jobs just because you are bored and feeling unmotivated. Good jobs can be boring to the adhd brain.