QuittingAdderall.com Forums

The Unrealistic Race to Normalcy

duffman

Good posts and sometimes feel this low ambition etc is a self made illusion made up in my mind. I think the hardest part for us who have years of abuse is remembering what being normal was. I don't have a mindset that one day magically It will all be better but the process is so slow I think that I look past what has been accomplished and still want more and want it soon. The only thing that's holding me back is myself why can't I kick my own ass ? Do I need a drill sergeant or boss in my face to get back to where I should be? I never used to need one before addy but I forgot how to force myself to do what I should because on adderall I had to force myself to take a break and enjoy life. I can enjoy life again but I need to work harder or I won't be enjoying much of anything without a good income I know this yet I'm procrastinating all the time it pisses me off.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Hi! 

sorry for the 5 month late comment. However, I just have to say that this post is so profound to me. A chemically induced traumatic brain injury. Fuck! Like it all just came together for me when I read this. That is the reality that comes with quitting adderall. And it truly scares me to death as I'm on my last week of adderall ever and have gone off of it before for a few months at a time. 

Thank you for this post! It really Put things into perspective for me. Much appreciated.