QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Neurologist Anyone

EricP

Anyone ever been to a neurologist after quitting fearing the symptoms are worse than just withdrawal? I've been earlier this year and just mostly got blown off and offered wellbutrin however thinking of going back in the future for neuropsych testing. Feel like my short term memory is just shot and it makes me worry if I fucked myself up beyond healing sometimes. 

Please refresh my memory - How much did you take and how long?  I thought about going to a neurologist. But even if they find out that our memory is damaged from Adderall - I wonder if there is anything that they can even do. I haven’t posted this on here but I’ve had what I consider significant memory issues. 

• Like 2

i dont think i'm concerned enough to see a neurologist (granted i'm already +2 years out), but it would be interesting to maybe objectively rate my memory. maybe there are some standard tests available online? and some benchmark values?

i feel like i have very strong long-term memory, but it's hard to say with short-term because i'm in a work environment that demands unreasonable multi-tasking, which has been proven to decimate your short-term memory.

@subtractadderallMy doses were low compared to some here... 5-30mg however most often take no more than 10, 4yrs total. Keep in mind for me however I responded very strongly to this medicine. While the first time I took it I was hooked however it was way too much. Once I got my own script I started out at 2.5mg and myself would break 5mg in half, anything more at that time and I would be sweating bullets... I then got into evening binge drinking for a good year and between the two I am just not thinking very clearly mainly in the short term.

Supposedly the tests can tell if you have MCI (mild cognitive impairment) or not... Then really the only thing we hope is it either gets better with life changes and not worse. So I suppose a test will only tell if you have MCI or worse mild dementia and then have a recorded baseline for any future change.

• Like 1

I toyed with the idea of seeing someone about my brain function in the first year it I was afraid they would put me on some other med. once I hit my second year I could see the light at the end of the tunnel so I didn’t go to anyone. I just staid close to this forum and now at two years, I don’t even think about my brain function anymore, I’m just living my life. Cognitively speaking, I don’t feel any dumber but who knows what others might think;) the point is, if you’re really worried about it then go see someone but I’d be careful as all these professions are designed to make money so you may end up on some other med.

• Like 2

If you are fucked up beyond healing do you really want to know? People can overcome crazy obstacles in this life not actually knowing the odds. Just think back when you were nothing but a sperm if ya knew the odds of becoming a real person would you have even tried? Just sayin lol. 

• Like 3