QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Things better than a high?

OnSomething

I am struggling with missing the Adderall euphoria (which went away early in my addiction anyway). I would love to hear what little things in your life bring you so much joy now that you're clean that you wouldn't want to go back to it? I think it'd be super motivating for me to hear different areas of life that will get better clean

• Like 3

The idea of traveling. I remember looking up various places like Japan and finding out that it’s illegal to bring Adderall. (I think you can bring Vyvanse now) I pretty much crossed anyplace off my list that wouldn’t allow me to bring it. Now I can go anywhere and not have to worry if it’s legal, how many pills I have, what if I lose it out of the country. It’s such a handicap for any sort of travel or adventure. 

Also, I luckily didn’t have many physical side effects, but I was at universal once on a fast ride that really made my heart race and it scared me so I swore off rides and amusement parks.  Will be fun to go back without worrying about dying on a roller coaster.

• Like 2

I used to pop adderall and play tennis or pickup football but I felt so robotic and analytical about the game.  Every point was like match point at a major championship.  Adderall caused me to treat those pickup games with such intensity that there was no camaraderie with the people I was playing with.

But intense exercise while sober is fucking awesome.  I love Jiu Jitsu, (recommend it to all) weight lifting, basketball, any cardio really.  You never feel more present than when practicing jiu jitsu. I mean you and another person are trying to choke or armbar one another while defending against the same.  Its kind of hard to worry about anything else in life while doing that.  And then you shake hands afterwards and build a bond like no other.

• Like 4

On 12/12/2018 at 7:10 PM, Danquit said:

Of course I miss the intense euphoria of popping Adderall and doing my taxes or putting together some Ikea furniture but come on, that is not natural!

Fuck IKEA! I put a queen size bed frame together with drawers “post addy” took me like 3 days, never again. 

• Like 2

Speaking of Ikea furniture...

in September I moved into a new apartment with a new roommate.  (Was a few months clean, and moving out of my parent's home again).  I bought all new furniture at IKEA..remembering how fun it was to put all that stuff together.

I got my nightstand and desk together. But my dresser is still sitting in the middle of my room, half assembled.  

My stuff is still not put away because of this and I can barely walk around my room.

Every day I look at it and feel terrible.

Any advice? I hate my life being in such disarray, and it's enormously triggering.  I know if I had some adderall, I would get all this put together and I could set up my room in an ascetically pleasing way. :( 

• Like 1

Hey @ladypantz hang in there. I went back and read your original post, you have overcome so much and made some amazing progress this year. Don’t let a piece of IKEA furniture and some disorganization get you down on the work you have done. I mean if you absolutely can’t look at it anymore and can’t make yourself put it together just throw it out. Going back on Adderall will cost you a lot more than a dresser. 

All that said I totally get how you feel. My life is a massive mess of the mistakes I made. Sometimes it feels like a bad dream. We just have to stay strong and be patient knowing things will get better.

• Like 3