QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

I got 6 miles today but it was so tough. I walked for 3/4 of one of the miles. I used the Nike + app which is waaaay better - precise- now, so that's why i know i walked .75 of a mile.  

It was funny because a couple people saw me looking so tired they were concerned and asked me if I was okay hahaha.

I don't see how you whip out 6 miles after taking time off from running....good job! I did nooothingggg this week but worked my butt off, and working out sounded just horrible....but there's really no excuse, because I didn't work out this weekend.....keep it up, InRecovery. Are you sore?!

I don't see how you whip out 6 miles after taking time off from running....good job! I did nooothingggg this week but worked my butt off, and working out sounded just horrible....but there's really no excuse, because I didn't work out this weekend.....keep it up, InRecovery. Are you sore?!

I cant believe it, but im not sore...i was expecting to be so sore.

Ashley - you still got time...there are six hours left today.

We have to learn how to work at our job while still keeping in shape at the same time. I know that's easy for me to say now, but when I start working I will begin forcing myself to run too.

Im headed to the gym to try to make it to 6.

alwaysawesome, have u done any running yet?

I got on my treadmill, and it quit on me after 1 1/2 minutes.  I tried it again, and it quit after 3 minutes.  Did I then go out and get in the pool?  No.  So, for the week...big fat zero.  Sigh...I am going to have to get up early in the morning, or go out late in the evening to avoid the heat.  I am trying again this week, promise! 

• Like 1

Hey guys!

How is everyone?! I've missed you all. I've been a little MIA lately, just so busy with work and balancing life but everything is pretty good. I haven't been working out as much as I want lately but I have been completely focusing on my diet and trying to get it under control and not drinking and being as healthy as I can. I'm working on little steps towards my goal and adding something positive or taking away something negative from my life, week by week to not overwhelm myself. I have tried to wake up and not eat crabs or processed food and not drink and work out everyday, literally overnight and I always end up messing that up so now I'm changing little habits and steps over time to make them long-term new habits! It seems to be really helping and working so far. I'm trying to change the way I see and think about certain things that I think will hold me back in life. They say it takes 3 weeks to make a new habit so I'm excited to see what the future holds. In a few weeks, once I have my healthy eating and not drinking down, I will start adding in cardio and weights! I do walk at least 10,000 steps a day thow, with my fitbit, which is almost 5 miles. I've also given up diet coke by replacing it with lemon favored soda water or fresh lemon and cucumber water or just plain hot water.

I've been eating lots of salads with spinach, protein shakes with fresh fruit, homemade kale chips, veggies and green apples with almond butter and I'm starting to LOVE it! I try to mostly eat what comes/is grown from the ground.

I'm starting to try to cut out carbs slowly but it's hard, why are carbs so damn good? Whenever I eat wheat thow, I get hives and I have been for over 2 years now. I went to the skin doctor, allergist, got blood work done and nothing came up but I think I am having a reaction to gluten. 

Drinking hot water, boiled from the kettle has been amazing. It seems a little odd but it's so relaxing and calming and it detoxs. I really enjoy drinking my hot water.

I'm also obsessed with mixing an "aloha: the daily good" organic green mix packet with a raspberry emergen-C for energy and I think it's helping.

I just got this stuff called "NutraMextrix: Custom Health Solutions" / it's a powder you mix with water, twice a day, 2 cap fulls and it's awesome. It has powerful antioxidants, promotes cardiovascular and joint health, helps maintain healthy cholesterol and blood glucose levels, demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity and supports normal blood vessel function… it is supposed to help with ADD and ADHD as well. I've only been using it since Friday but I will report back in a few weeks. 

A lot of this new perspective has come from this book I'm reading: "The Everygirl's Guide to Diet and Fitness" by Maria Menounos... she used to be 40lbs heavier and I'm really loving this book so far!

• Like 1

I got on my treadmill, and it quit on me after 1 1/2 minutes.  I tried it again, and it quit after 3 minutes.  Did I then go out and get in the pool?  No.  So, for the week...big fat zero.  Sigh...I am going to have to get up early in the morning, or go out late in the evening to avoid the heat.  I am trying again this week, promise!

Hmm....well next week try again.

• Like 2

And I am 8 months clean today! WOO fucking HOO!!!!!!!! I honestly can't believe it and I know if I never stopped taking Adderall I would never be as happy and successful as I am today! I feel like I put my big girl panties on and I'm starting to take responsibility and accountability for my life and I'm starting to STOP making excuses and it is awesome!

CONGRATZ!!!!!!

• Like 2

Hey guys!

How is everyone?! I've missed you all. I've been a little MIA lately, just so busy with work and balancing life but everything is pretty good. I haven't been working out as much as I want lately but I have been completely focusing on my diet and trying to get it under control and not drinking and being as healthy as I can. I'm working on little steps towards my goal and adding something positive or taking away something negative from my life, week by week to not overwhelm myself. I have tried to wake up and not eat crabs or processed food and not drink and work out everyday, literally overnight and I always end up messing that up so now I'm changing little habits and steps over time to make them long-term new habits! It seems to be really helping and working so far. I'm trying to change the way I see and think about certain things that I think will hold me back in life. They say it takes 3 weeks to make a new habit so I'm excited to see what the future holds. In a few weeks, once I have my healthy eating and not drinking down, I will start adding in cardio and weights! I do walk at least 10,000 steps a day thow, with my fitbit, which is almost 5 miles. I've also given up diet coke by replacing it with lemon favored soda water or fresh lemon and cucumber water or just plain hot water.

I've been eating lots of salads with spinach, protein shakes with fresh fruit, homemade kale chips, veggies and green apples with almond butter and I'm starting to LOVE it! I try to mostly eat what comes/is grown from the ground.

I'm starting to try to cut out carbs slowly but it's hard, why are carbs so damn good? Whenever I eat wheat thow, I get hives and I have been for over 2 years now. I went to the skin doctor, allergist, got blood work done and nothing came up but I think I am having a reaction to gluten. 

Drinking hot water, boiled from the kettle has been amazing. It seems a little odd but it's so relaxing and calming and it detoxs. I really enjoy drinking my hot water.

I'm also obsessed with mixing an "aloha: the daily good" organic green mix packet with a raspberry emergen-C for energy and I think it's helping.

I just got this stuff called "NutraMextrix: Custom Health Solutions" / it's a powder you mix with water, twice a day, 2 cap fulls and it's awesome. It has powerful antioxidants, promotes cardiovascular and joint health, helps maintain healthy cholesterol and blood glucose levels, demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity and supports normal blood vessel function… it is supposed to help with ADD and ADHD as well. I've only been using it since Friday but I will report back in a few weeks. 

A lot of this new perspective has come from this book I'm reading: "The Everygirl's Guide to Diet and Fitness" by Maria Menounos... she used to be 40lbs heavier and I'm really loving this book so far!

12 miles today! I liked this post. Im trying to just stick to salads.. but portion control is the hardest for me with all the running. But I know running + portion control works well for me. keeping a food journal to stay within 1500 calories a day works REALLY REALLY well for me, but I dont know if I can do it. It's so hard.

i gained 20 lbs this summer from stress.  ill be Hitting the treadmill hard and the salad bar too. 

• Like 3

Hi guys!  I know I haven't been around much, but I've been so busy and want to get back on here soon!

I'm doing another half ironman on Sunday and just wanted to share my excitement.  :)

You guys rock!  Keep up all the great work!

Lil Tex, That's amazing. I take it you got in your 12 this week. Have fun on Sun.

LilTex,

You are awesome!

InRecovery,

You got 12 two weeks in a row now, right....good job! I did 4.5 miles last night. I'd say only a mile and a half of it was running, but it felt really good to do some cardio, even if it wasn't much. I've been going for work since 7 this morning, and I won't be done until 8 or 9. I know it's off topic, but I need to vent that this job requires so many hours, and it's annoying. It would be different if this was just something that happened sometime, but it's consistently so many hours. I need to start looking around for jobs while I'm getting experience at this one....because it's definitely a lot of learning, but ahhhh! I'm sorry for the rant!

• Like 2