QuittingAdderall.com Forums

" THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE RELOADED" WELCOME ALL!!

Freedom's Wings

• 2 months later...

Just checking in again. Spending the day on the lake with my daughter has been incredible. Day nine is almost over. My biggest complaint is brain fog. I feel ok though, considering. I have a lot of making up to do to my poor body. Exercise has been a huge help, both mentally and physically. One day at a time â¤ï¸

• Like 2

A week into quitting, I was at work (I'm a nurse) and had to do CPR on a young father. We tried and tried, with no luck. It was devastating and traumatic for all involved. Calling his family was heartbreaking. I know this sounds corny, but that was the first time in a long time that I REALLY felt emotions. I wasn't just a robot going through the appropriate emotions, if that makes sense. I stepped into a room by myself and quietly cried my heart out. Then I cried with his family as he was taken to the morgue. I truly felt heartache. As sad as the situation was, it felt good to deeply feel anything again. I've replayed that night many times since. Quitting adderall was by far the right decision. I'm so proud of all of us â¤ï¸â¤ï¸

• Like 1

As sad as the situation was, it felt good to deeply feel anything again.

I totally get what you mean.  Your humanity is no longer dulled by the pill.  Even pain is a gift which should not be taken for granted.

Sorry for the loss you experienced.  Your job must be really hard.  Keep up the good work you are doing great!

Day 13. I've mostly been fine so far, but some definite anhedonia and lots of grumpiness. I'm terrified cause I'm worried I've permanently damaged my brain. I heard it's about 3 months after stopping amphetamines to reset your brain, but then I just read something that says it may never reset. What have I done to myself? This makes me really sad.

• Like 2

CarpeDiem:  i know what you mean about the grumpiness!  Don't be too scared.  You are still re-calibrating and you will be amazed at the recovery you are going to make.  You will keep surprising yourself day after day.  You have already done the hardest part, gotten through the first two weeks!  It only gets better from here on out!

Dont forget your own words:

Then I cried with his family as he was taken to the morgue. I truly felt heartache. As sad as the situation was, it felt good to deeply feel anything again. I've replayed that night many times since. Quitting adderall was by far the right decision.

• Like 1

You will be yourself again, a new better you.  You will have a new perspective on all of your behavior and you will feel things.  It takes time so don't be hard on yourself.  We all have down days - all people do.  Just feel your way through it and realize that things are getting better every day.  We are here for you.

• Like 2

Day 14!!! You guys are awesome. Absolutely no one is aware that I had serious problems with adderall. I think I kept it hidden fairly well, although I think my sister was starting to suspect something. I have no one to get through this in real time, and I'm very grateful for you guys and all the encouragement. Today is going much better than yesterday. I've gotten a lot done today, and am about to go swimming with my kiddo. And I got a new pair of running shoes, which I was super excited about😂ðŸ‘🻠Its the little things these days.....

• Like 1