QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Bottom looking up

RageMundi

I've been through this site numerous times but have never interacted with the community. It is difficult to say but I need to admit that I have an addiction to Adderall. I was introduced to it by a friend, he gave me 2 10mg tabs, and assured me it was safe to use. I remember the first time I decided to take one of them was to tidy up before some family returned home. Instead of picking a few things up I became the scrubbing bubbles and cleaned the whole house, and it was easy. Soon after that I decided to get my own prescription, and found it scary easy to get. The first few months were amazing. I lost weight, met my girlfriend, and became a leader among my peers.  Not long after I had my dose increased  and then increased again. I ended up being prescribed 3 30 mg tabs a day. Making a 3 year story short, soon the bottle wouldn't last the month and I knew I was in trouble. From there I made a string of attempts to quit that ultimately failed. I seem to quit every month but always seem to conjure a reason and a plan to use responsibly but never follow through. Most recently my relationship ended due in large part to my addiction and am currently on day 4 or 5 having not slept and no good reason for doing it all. I quit again now and did something different by destroying the rest and committing to myself to seek the wisdom and help of others. I have never posted in an online forum, much less reveal my addiction, before in my life. I need to do different and I need to do difficult. This is the time, my time.