QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Fighting Adderall Addiction

Greg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!  SO PROUD OF YOU GREG. :)

I just found this quote and thought it would be good for your points made here.

"For a long time, when it’s working, (it) feels like a path to enlightenment, something that turns us into the person we wish to be, or the person we think we are. In some ways the dynamic is this simple: (it) makes everything better until it makes everything worse."  - Caroline Knapp

This is the crux of adderall addiction IMHO.

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing your perspective after four years.

I have recently quit after a year-long relapse and am feeling mixed about how difficult it's been. I can remember how long ago I started and one night debating about whether I was playing with fire... and then continued anyway. That was probably 10 years ago. Since then it's been ups and downs and most recently, I've been sober only a few weeks. So I have some reservations about really how challenging it will be to make it last.

So I'm very appreciative to hear your advice for the long haul and that someone who has been sober as long as you have still finds value in and contributes to the community of those trying to become or maintain sobriety. I know I certainly found invaluable support in the forums even as a new member, and what would they be without the experienced veterans who have been through many struggles and can help show the rest of us the way?

So thank you.

• Like 2

My doctor used to tell me that Adderall actually had antidepressant effects.

And to some extent, at least initially, I would agree.

It feels good to feel like you are accomplishing things better and more than ever before (however real or substantive those accomplishments are).

But those positive effects wore off over time, and depression that went along with feeling crazed and paranoid was much more prevalent.

Sorry you went through what you did.  :-(

I was never handcuffed to the floor, but was I "out of my mind?"  Without a doubt.

It's probably not fun to acknowledge, and I wonder how many folks actually go through similar experiences but don't talk about them because of the stigma ass'd w/being "crazy."

From my experience w/adderall, I have more empathy for people who are born with (and sometimes have to live all their lives) diseases like schizophrenia. 

Glad you have gotten better and are doing well Greg!

• Like 2

That must have been horrible to go through.  I can easily see myself getting to that point.

I did get caught by the cops with over 50 pills on me, for which I did not have any valid prescription.

Without the slightest hesitation I went and got 50 more the next day.

• Like 1