QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hhhhh

mrobin44

Honestly nobody could be sure without being ( A ) being a doctor, and ( B ) giving you a health exam in person but from what you describe I think your main battle will be to overcome the addiction (like every single one of us here, don't worry we can relate to that!) but as for long term health you're young and active - your body can do miracles for you if you just let your brain rest and heal.  You're probably in a better situation than MANY of us were when we first decided to quit.

Welcome to the forum!  Let us know how we can help. :)

I'm 25 years old and been taking Adderall since i was 8. I have not been successful in quitting, but if I had been smart enough to realize that I should after 7 or 8 months, it would have been a hell of a lit easier. It will only get worse. A LOT WORSE. trust me. If you want this to end... End it now. Procrastination is the addicted part of you speaking, and you have to avoid it. Or you will look back on this a couple years from now, taking 350mgs a day, with 3 dif doctors prescribing you meds until you get caught. You do NOT want to live in fear of when you will run out of amphetamines.

• Like 1

Yes, I have many times taken that much of Adderall. And I was saying that I realize you haven't gotten thus far yet, so you need to quit NOW. that was my whole point. You WILL know what I'm talking about if you don't quit, and you don't want this experience. It only gets harder.

And whether you think you're abusing it ir not, if you're worried about it and you say you're addicted, you're abusing it. You talked ab how you would rationalize why to take it... That goes away, and not in a good way. It will get to the point where you know you don't even trust yourself anymore and you just do it BC you feel like there's no other option. End it while you still have a stable mind about it.

• Like 1

I know all those feelings well. Leaving the dr office with ur script, getting cold sweats just from the anxiety of knowing you're fixin to have it filled. And then getting to to the pharmacy just to hear that they have to order more, and feeling your heart drop. After feeling that so many times, you'll get to the point where every time your script is due for renewal, you get scared that they wont give it to you for some reason. That feeling starts ab a see before I go to the doc every month. So a week out of the month, I'm scared shitless, and paranoid that I won't get my meds.

You may not feel it yet.. But it'll happen. Just sayin.

And you're welcome. All I'm trying to do is save at least one more soul from winding up like mine.

• Like 3

When my doctor found out that I was addicted, she cut me off completely. I went to three doctors after that trying to get more, and they wouldn't. I was SOO pissed. I was pissed because I told her I was addicted. Thinking I never should've done that. But looking back now, It is the BEST thing I have ever done. 

Also, my past is So much like yours. I've been through most of what you explained. The cold sweats on the way to the pharmacy. Complete panic after hearing those words "oh theres been a little problem" or "oh we only have half the amount" gosh I wanted to punch the pharmacy lady in the face! 

Looking back now though, I realize I was so weak. I hated being dependent on them. 

When, not if, but When you do finally stop. The feeling that you get after being off them long enough, beats the feeling of adderall. Because you know it's real and not chemically induced. 

Trust me. Sober can be the high. It is for me :) 

Feel free to message me. I'd love to chat :)

• Like 2

I used to be so jealous of people who had a legitimate prescription because I thought they didn't have to deal with that stress and panic, whereas I was dealing with unreliable sketchy people who would 'no-show' and let me down when I was desperate for a fix.

So you guys had to deal with the same things all along.  Who knew? :)

Anyways, so glad we are done with that shit!

• Like 1

One of the things that has helped me the most with overcoming my addictions (abused alcohol/drugs as well) was to simply ask myself the question, "Are the risks of trying to moderate worth the consequences?"  By stopping everything entirely I risk nothing and guarantee success.  It's just simply a heck of a lot easier to turn the switch off and no longer have to worry about it.

• Like 1