QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Symptoms

catw66

Weaned slowly down to 2.5 and quit last weekend I think.

Symptoms through all this and somewhat magnified lately:

Insomnia

anxiety

loss of appetite

not being able to concentrate on much

can't get started

sometimes depressed and tired - staring and not wanting to get up from sitting position.

other days feel like I am bouncing off the walls.

Irritability

Obsessive worry type thoughts.

Still staying off the stuff. Sometimes I think it has not been so bad, but then I realize I just don't really feel right in the head in one way or another.

Having horrendous anxiety at times

Still havig  hard time sleeping.

Feel wound up at times and other times spaced out.

One of the biggest symptoms by now is feeling a bit disoriented, which I read can be common. I am becoming very forgetful.

But when I think back, this is how I was for a at least a month after I quit before. I realize this is going to take some more time probably because of the fact that I went back and spent about 7-8 months on prescribed Adderall.

But I am proud of myself because somehow I managed to drive four hours to Denver, attend a party that lasted all night, and then drove home - without Adderall. It was amazing.

• Like 2

The only thing I can say about that is that my bipolar disorder has been a bit out of control lately and I've had a lot of anxiety, so somehow I had the energy anyway. I moved somewhere where there is very strong sunlight at high altitude and being that my brain is very light sensitive, this is part of that.

Now it is cloudy for the third day in a row and I feel a lot calmer, but I could not take too cloudy, as I get totally depressed and can't function, so that is why I ended up back on Adderall when I lived in Western NC.

Kind of waiting for my brain to level out on a few levels!

• 3 weeks later...