Bubbagump99

How did adderall affect your sex life? And how has it changed since quitting?

7 posts in this topic

I will be honest.  My husband was questioning my decision to quit for just this reason.  It is hard to deal with a wife who sleeps all the time...for months.  HOWEVER, he is happier now that I am not a mind numbed robot working him in to my crazy Adderall schedule.  Oh, and not screaming at him on a regular basis...that makes it easier for him to show me he loves me which helps me show him I love him ;).  On a pretty regular basis...with enthusiasm...which, I am sure all can agree, was often lacking on the Adderall.  I had more important shit to do and it was a bother.  I was constantly thinking "I could be rewriting work procedures or modifying Excel spreadsheets, damn it".  LOL, I do not miss it at all!

1 person likes this

I could not for the life in me climax. It would take so damn long, and it just felt forced and not natural. Also my sex drive decreased drastically. I also started to get pains around my ovaries, which made me wonder about what the hell was going on inside my body that I couldn't see. Once off of it, all of that changed of course.

My husband would describe me as " you weren't really there" when on adderall. Its as sad as it is ironic, I used to put sex with him on my mile-long to-do list. 

Now, it is more natural and enjoyable for sure. ; )

1 person likes this

Yeah, adderall ruined my sex life for awhile, too.  AND on top of that, considering how sex is crucial to intimacy in a healthy relationship, I ruined my relationship that way.  Never again. 

It seems pretty common for people to want "alone time" and fear intimacy while taking adderall.

I am 3 years quit.  I take Wellbutrin (which helps with libido, among many other things!), and try to minimize the Zoloft.  So I'm still figuring out the balance.  BUT.   Working out helps too!  :)