QuittingAdderall.com Forums

MLB and adderall

Frank B

http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/2015/04/20/mlbs-exemption-rate-for-adhd-drugs-highly-suspicious.html

It seems to me looking back in MLB history no one can say who was 100% free of any PED's since adderal /bennies stimulants have been givin out since 1950's. If you don't think adderal plays a role in performance look at Chris Davis in 2014 he was caught doing adderal without the MLB consent had a crap year and was banned from the playoffs "that was great for us KC fans steamrolled Baltimore". In 2015 he was cleared by the MLB to take stimulants for ADD and he had the most home runs in the league. Taking adderal since 2008 myself like Chris Davis I know what a terrible thing it is to quit. But unlike Davis I'm not going to lie to myself saying I need this shit for ADD I want this shit to perform at a higher level then everyone else not taking it. I have been clean for 9 weeks just starting to feel normal and I look back on all the things I've achieved and feel a little ashamed it wasn't all me the drug helped but eventually the drug started to make my life hell. Wonder if Chris Davis will look back on his career the same when he retires if he doesn't he should and he will have the same label as Bonds , Sosa etc trying to get into the hall of fame as a cheater. I guess maybe he already knows that so might say to himself "why quit now" but I think if he did stop and still put up decent numbers he would be someone that people on here trying to quit could look up to. Just my thoughts btw Davis your being a asshole to your team for holding out on your contract take the 160 million and be happy.

• Like 1

yeah missed my na meeting this week so had to talk about drugs with someone. That's the best part of NA u can talk about whatever no judgements on you for your use. I think ball players taking this stuff only tells younger players it's ok go get a evaluation that says your add and start popping them the results speak for themselves. It doesn't show the bad side of these pills loosing your personality having little patience for anyone choosing to skip funerals of people you know in order to work. I even used to hate going out to dinner would rather be working on something. Then after so many years you brain says enough you have no focus on any task then shit goes downhill.

My nephew in high school has been taking them on and off for years but now he is telling my sister he needs them for school. Told her she shouldn't give him pills to help him study. But since a brilliant doctor says he should she believes him and he is on it again. People talk about pot being a gate way drug don't do it but all the while feeding their kids amphetmines makes no sense.

It actually makes me sick that people give this med to their kids. In a way, I'm thankful that I know for the future, not to ever consider it even for a second. 

Anyway, hope you're feeling alright.... I know this isn't easy, I'm right there with ya. Can't wait until these days are behind us one day.

Maybe Chris Davis saw my post he signed with the Orioles this week about time for a team to stand behind him with a failed PED suspension and offer that kind of money not sure why the hold out. It's really insane 160 million and you were looking for more what planet do these players come from because it's not earth and half of them aren't even happy walk around all pissed off.

• Like 1