QuittingAdderall.com Forums

The moments that keep me here and hopeful.

Traceme

It's doctor day.

My love was without adderall for the past 10 days.  I can only imagine that feeling you all must of experienced being without for so long...to somehow miraculously pick yourselves up and pull it together long enough to get a new script.  I've read how awful you have all felt being without before you realized this Rx's negative affects to your lives.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

................then there is us.

The non-addict.  The loved one.  I am sure that the non users in the addicts "circle of trust", experience something different...my experience is one that's relate-able I'm sure.

The 10 days of hell...well that's why I'm still here.  That's where the windows are.  I can still see the sweet man I knew before adderall.  Your lazy like, foot shuffling walks to the bathroom are glimpses of the walk you had before you took adderall.  Your tired eyes twinkle with a sense of humor even you yourself seem to recognize sometimes.  Your sweet warm hugs pressed against your more frail than ever frame feel heartfelt and genuine-something I don't feel when you are medicated.  I can almost see the future through the very faint present of a person who is trapped inside a vessel that's going full speed-still tied to the dock.  

Those little moments of being your perfect imperfect self are heaven.

They are why I am still here.

I wish I could say this to you without making it seem like I get pleasure from your pain-because that's not it.  Not at all.

I love you all the days of the month as if they were the last days of the month.  

I just love you.

• Like 1