QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hi Friends

ashley6

It is great to hear from you both. Quit-once, how have you been?! LilTex, so glad to see you on here. You two got me through so much during those difficult times. I seem to have forgotten how dark those times were. Life is far from perfect, but it is real. I read some of the newly-quit posts, and I believe I need to be reminded. Those of you who are in the early, dark times of quitting teach me that I need to be reminded how grateful I should always be. I am due to have a Baby in five days. I am beyond excited. I know that adderall was my favorite thing ever when I was tired, so I have to remember that adderall is not an option again.....ever.....no matter how tired I get. Quit-once, what is new with you?

• Like 2

Hey Ashley, congrats on your soon to get born baby.  Five days from now is...well its not April Fools Day so I gotta believe you really are having a kid.  I've missed you around here.  Did your new job work out well?

What's new with me is I got a new computer last weekend.  And I will be taking it back soon because it sucks.  It is a low-end HP notebook - like $250 - and it barely browses the internet.  It works fine for forums like this but if I go to a website with ads, like the NYT or really any commercial website, the scroll feature does not work and it freezes up and gets really slow.  It has Windows 10 and an AMD processor and I don't know if that is part of the problem or not.  I have a new HP tablet from work that works great but it has Windows 7.   If anybody knows more about these things than I do (I'm illiterate) I would really appreciate some guidance on what I should exchange it for.  Best Buy gives you 14 days to return things and I will be doing that this weekend. 

• Like 1

I am not tech savvy at all, and am an Apple girl, but my boyfriend said Windows 10 has really screwed up his stuff, and made it much slower. It is weird that you are having a similar issue, so maybe it is the Windows 10. Other than that, I am clueless. It is annoying to have so many problems with a new product! I hope you get it sorted.

hello ashley, welcome back.  people were just talking about a member named ashley only a couple weeks ago, and wondering how she was doing.  now we all know.  congrats on your upcoming child!

quit-once, apple fanboy here as well.  the newer windows versions are just a nightmare

macbooks certainly cost more but they last way longer too.  the one I'm using now is about 3 years old and still runs like new.  never crashes or anything.  i only had to reformat once so far and that was because i was playing around iwth stuff i shouldn't and didn't know how to fix it.  I fully expect to get another 6 years out of this machine

• Like 1