QuittingAdderall.com Forums

just ranting sorry

dolssa

Have any of you ever met someone that actually took adderall without consequences? It's mind blowing to me how many of us are on this site going through the same thing with this hell of a drug not to mention the people out there who don't know about this site and are struggling with it. how is this shit legal?how do parents prescribe it to KIDS??? I feel like everyone is just super uneducated about this drug. I told my mom about my struggle with it and she has been urging me to GO BACK ON IT because of my "downer attitude" behavior during recovery (10 days away from 3 months clean) My mom truly doesnt believe that there is anything wrong with adderall because a doctor prescribed it to me. its legalized meth but whatever. Im just annoyed how easy it is to get and its perfectly legal and it destroys lives. If i have kids... i am going to make sure they know the dangers of this drug that is soooooo widely used so casually by everyone it seems. anyway rant over

• Like 3

Yes I've met many people who claim they quit no problem. I'm skeptical and think they just lack self awareness. I've been in withdrawal for 2.5 years now and still want to die. I basically have dementia in my 20s. I can't feel joy. It's better than it was though. The first year I could barely walk. I can't believe they put kids on this horrific and inexcusable poison. Good luck man it gets better. 

• Like 1

"without consequences"? no. but people taking it without becoming dependent? sure.

i think a lot of this has to do with your mindset going into use, and of course a pre-disposition to addictive behavior. Mike has an article about it on the main website somewhere, but us Adderallics often have similar traits that lead us to dependence. i know for me it was a creative pursuit, and i knew and recognized all the dangers but didn't care. 

(fortunately?) some people can literally just use it to cram for a test or party one night.