QuittingAdderall.com Forums

2yrs

m34

@m34 this is awesome! congratulations!!!!

On 2/1/2021 at 10:58 AM, m34 said:

I’m not where I want to be, but I’m def never going back to adderall.

this is such a terrific attitude, but also so honest. it's a recognition that there is still room to improve, which is frankly true for ALL people, not just us addicts and users. that recognition, that I'm now facing challenges that everyone faces, made me feel "normal" again. it's a huge win and helps you shift your focus from recovery to just plain ole self-improvement (:

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 10:58 AM, m34 said:

I officially made it to two yrs clean yesterday. I never thought this day would come. I’m not where I want to be, but I’m def never going back to adderall. I’m so grateful to have hit two yrs. if anyone is struggling keep going. It was worth it all to get to where I am now. I just made more money than I have in many years. My relationship with husband has improved. I’m just in a good clean steady place. I  am also 1 yr (almost) 2 months off alcohol... so that prob contributes to how good I feel today. Thank you for all the support on this site :-) We can get better

and we do it just takes time. Keep going. Sorry I sound so cliche but it’s true. Hang on and don’t give up 

Congrats on hitting 2 years!! That’s amazing! Could you share what type of struggles do you still deal with? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry I’m just now responding @JennyF. I’m still experiencing fatigue and boredom. If I’m being really honest lol. I think that’s also not having any form of escape. No alcohol or adderall. Like I just have to live my life every day. The great thing is whenever I feel great, and I do have great days... it’s all me. I know I’ve worked for it and can thoroughly enjoy the peace of mind I have  now. Instead of the synthetic euphoria or joy adderall use to create. It’s definitely worth it. I do still have to work every day on creating motivation and just doing a task. Thanks for your response and sorry for delay! 

• Like 1

Good work and congrats on your sobriety  @m34! Thanks for sharing your experience on here. Things do get better. I’m at almost 3 years and life has improved for me as well. I’m holding down a job, have money in the bank, and am getting married in 6 months. It makes sense that things would get better in the long term after quitting, but first they usually get worse. Anyone who is in the rut, keep going. I lost my job, lost my friends, went bankrupt, gained a bunch of weight, and lost who I was right after quitting before things started turning around. It usually gets worse before it gets better, so keep on going. It’s worth it.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I love reading your success stories!!  So proud of you all!

I have a few friends who started taking Adderall, making me think about it a lot.  It's so helpful to read your stories and remember how crazy this addiction was for me back 11 years ago.  I can't believe it's been that long, but wow, it feels good to be free from it and know it would make my life a living hell again if I ever resumed it.

Congratulations, MR34!!  2 years is amazing!!! 

• Like 1