Jade Jace

Trying to get off adderall without CRASHING

11 posts in this topic

Heller people!!

My name is Jade!

So my journey with this devil drug...

I started taking adderall when I was 8 years old, had no idea what it did or whatever but my mom didn't give a shit as long as she didn't have to deal with me.

i am now almost 24 and a single mother of 3 children! 

I have crashed so many times and just seriously feel like I can not even do anything I'm so weak without it and I can't do that rn I have like 0 family support and I know this medication has been ruining my life I recently got back on it and this last time was the worst crash I have ever been through. 

I wanted to be done so bad but it threw me into depression and I started drinking every day (mind you I've never done drugs like that!) I'm a smoker but I even wanted to quit smoking and that's nearly impossible when you're on adderall you barely eat so you need some kinda hand to mouth distraction! I drink so much soda and just extremely unhealthy, I need some advice or something I was sleeping so much and would literally be awake then pass out and this is while I'm still on it. My first month back on it from the terrible 3 month of being off of it! 

Constantly have headaches now started getting acne when I've never had acne this bad in my life. Geez I'm just done I want to know who I am with out this damn medication without feeling useless.

 

please help!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jade, welcome! I relate to your frustration. With adderall, we all at one point or another came to the realization that we didn't know how to live with or without it. Not knowing how to live without it is the really scary part. As a single mother of 3 with little support, it's going to be an uphill battle to stop using adderall, but you are definitely capable of it. You've taken the first step, which is coming here and admitting that its affecting your life negatively.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to completely avoid the crash. They can be really debilitating. Exercise, a lot of sleep, and eating well will help lessen the struggle, but it'll still be rough. I don't want to discourage you though. It's manageable. You just have to power through and know that it gets better. If there were an easy way to do this, this website wouldn't exist. It's tough! These forums are rich with tips and tricks, though... look through them for encouragement! You got this.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all definitely understand this struggle. Unfortunately, as cheerio mentioned, I don't think there is really any way to completely avoid the crash. The good  news is that you have already been able to quit for 3 months. That is HUGE! It takes time, but it is worth it! There is so much great support and advice on these forums. You really can do this :)    

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel we should all start a class action lawsuit against adderall manufactures espically those of you basically forced to take this stuff when you were children . It sounds like your family won't support you so you should probably go to NA meetings for help. I used a step down method which sort of helped avoid a huge crash but it was still hard once I stopped 100% for sure. I hope you find the strength to stop.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are in the right place! It was slow going for me too, I just rode it out. I was luckily detoxed in the hospital and psych ward, and was given anti-psychotics that really helped combat the depression. I am in an outpatient program as well, and attend AA as much as I can. 

Can you tell your doctor about your desire to quit? Support is very helpful, in my opinion. It's hard going it alone, and I also agree with NA meetings being a good place to get that. For me, at 50 days I started feeling well enough to exercise, which I can't express enough helps!!! But it's all on your timeline, I think it's important to listen to and respect our bodies and minds...we put ourselves through so much on this drug.  

You can do it, and you deserve happiness.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a mother, too, and I know it can be hard. The old me, the pre-mom me, would use Adderall to party all night, play video games, and to generally just get messed up. 

I don't do that now. Now I depend on it to wake up in the morning, clean the house, cook, and take care of my family. It was easier to quit before because I was using it to do other harm to myself. Now it's just Adderall doing the harm and I need to snap out of it! 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 3:00 PM, Frank B said:

Feel we should all start a class action lawsuit against adderall manufactures espically those of you basically forced to take this stuff when you were children . It sounds like your family won't support you so you should probably go to NA meetings for help. I used a step down method which sort of helped avoid a huge crash but it was still hard once I stopped 100% for sure. I hope you find the strength to stop.

I have seen very few posts here about the desire to start a class action lawsuit. I wonder if it is because we all are struggling to just get by each day and don’t have the fight in us to take on anything else or if it’s just because no one is coming to us asking to join the cause??

I wonder who exactly would be sued? FDA or all the Pharma companies?? There is Adderall (brand name) and then other brand names for basically the same thing on top of the generics so it seems that it would be a complex case to pin down one guilty party. 

One thing is for sure in reading everything on this site over the past 8mo plus other medical studies; there is compelling evidence that the FDA should consider removing this as a legal medication and Pharma companies should be held responsible for their participation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EricP said:

I have seen very few posts here about the desire to start a class action lawsuit. I wonder if it is because we all are struggling to just get by each day and don’t have the fight in us to take on anything else or if it’s just because no one is coming to us asking to join the cause??

I wonder who exactly would be sued? FDA or all the Pharma companies?? There is Adderall (brand name) and then other brand names for basically the same thing on top of the generics so it seems that it would be a complex case to pin down one guilty party. 

One thing is for sure in reading everything on this site over the past 8mo plus other medical studies; there is compelling evidence that the FDA should consider removing this as a legal medication and Pharma companies should be held responsible for their participation.

 

there was this post a few months ago. i read through it- interesting stuff, and just as much shady behavior as you think going on. but ultimately, i'm not a victim- i used adderall to boost performance and get high quite knowingly. this may be more relevant to others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sleepystupid said:

 

there was this post a few months ago. i read through it- interesting stuff, and just as much shady behavior as you think going on. but ultimately, i'm not a victim- i used adderall to boost performance and get high quite knowingly. this may be more relevant to others.

 

Yeah I hear you. Abuse is one thing however most of us all suffered the lack of "something" leading us to look for help from a doc trying a substance or treatment to help improve ADHD like symptoms our some mental performance issue. Doctors are prescribing this med far too easily and even if ADHD there are tons of better ways to medicate and or treat than this type of medication. 

Adderall should not be on the market period, IMO. I guess it would be interesting to know what percentage of us would have went to some illegal Meth or Speed if it were not available thru our doctors. I personally don't feel I would have ever done that and feel I followed my doctors advice and at the time the research along with my first use it seemed to "work"! Then the truth sets in!

A class action lawsuit would not be about the money for me. Its about waking up the industry and the FDA. Class action lawsuits rarely ever benefit the victims much. I made my choice to take the meds and with everything there is a "cost" I just feel like it is has stripped me of quality of life and productivity that is hard to measure in years to come. Hard to put a value on that however it is substantial especially if we all added ours up collectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 2:54 PM, EricP said:

Yeah I hear you. Abuse is one thing however most of us all suffered the lack of "something" leading us to look for help from a doc trying a substance or treatment to help improve ADHD like symptoms our some mental performance issue. Doctors are prescribing this med far too easily and even if ADHD there are tons of better ways to medicate and or treat than this type of medication. 

Adderall should not be on the market period, IMO. I guess it would be interesting to know what percentage of us would have went to some illegal Meth or Speed if it were not available thru our doctors. I personally don't feel I would have ever done that and feel I followed my doctors advice and at the time the research along with my first use it seemed to "work"! Then the truth sets in!

A class action lawsuit would not be about the money for me. Its about waking up the industry and the FDA. Class action lawsuits rarely ever benefit the victims much. I made my choice to take the meds and with everything there is a "cost" I just feel like it is has stripped me of quality of life and productivity that is hard to measure in years to come. Hard to put a value on that however it is substantial especially if we all added ours up collectively.

I feel same...7 months clean and my motivation comes from remotely being able to help someone else not go down this path or help them get to this point.  I SOOOOO feel for those that were put on this medication as a child.  For me a doctor recommended it at 30 years old when I started.  IMO it is 100% cruel to put a child or young adult on this crap.  THAT IS THE crime.  Each doctor that writes this for someone under 18 should have to take it themselves, then see if they think it is something an 8 year old child should be on!!!    Soooooo sorry Jade.  BUT you are so incredibly strong and you can do it.  Just say how can I get through just one day at a time and for me it was getting mad at Adderall for highjacking my life and I didn't it want to control one more minute of my life.  Best of luck.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now