QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Deep deep sleep one year out

Subtracterall

Been off for a year now.  Wondering if it is normal to sleep this deeply at night or am I still recovering?  

My sleep is so deep it does not feel normal.  It almost feels like I can’t control it sometimes. Granted I didn’t sleep well for a long time (12-15 years) during my addiction.  but I figured by now I would be all caught up. 

Anybody else out there with a similar experience?  

hmm- when you say that you are sleeping too deeply, what is it that you mean exactly?

is it that you have difficulty waking up in the morning? (alarm goes off but you sleep through it)

do you feel more groggy than you think you should?

these problems are not so much caused by having "too much" deep sleep, but actually that you are waking up in the middle of a deep sleep cycle. could be a circadian rhythm issue, which the supplement melatonin helps regulate.

*also, there are many things and behaviors that can lead to poor sleep hygiene that we don't realize- and this in turn can result in feeling unrested even after a normal amount of sleep. (my sister is a sleep therapist lol)

I pray I get to sleep deeply again. At almost 8mo now and whatever reason I get less deep sleep now than I did on Adderall. Adderall I often had issues going to sleep however I would then sleep very well. Now I have no issues falling asleep and sleep pretty deep at first, I just usually awake around 3am like it’s time to get up and that can be frustrating. 

I think we are all different and this drug has effected some people’s brains differently than others. I also agree with sleepystupd’s comments. 

Thanks for the replies.  I should have been more specific. This does not happen every night. It’s after a long day or a particularly exhausting day around 10 or 11 at night I can’t stay awake any longer no matter how hard I try.  My physical body has decided it’s going to sleep and there is nothing my brain can do to stop it. It feels like I don’t have the choice to stay awake.  I don’t remember it being like this before I ever took Adderall.  When this happens my sleep feels so deep like nothing could wake me, even my son calling me from his room.

Best way to know how much deep sleep your actually getting is to get like a fit bit. My avg is around 8hrs of sleep with 2 hrs of actual deep sleep. It’s based off your motion while sleeping to determine what state of sleep your in. Your body recovers during sleep so nothing wrong with missing out on those late night talk shows. Most all of the nutrition and fitness experts I follow on you tube go to bed between 9-10pm. 

I can relate to this on my stressful busy days. I just get to the point that I know I have to go to bed, even if we have company over I will excuse myself or sometimes at home family parties will end up getting to the bedroom unnoticed. Sometimes the tireness lingers the following day. I just feel like our brains don’t have the dopamine stores that we used to have and can’t be forced to “keep going”

I also have difficulty with alertness and nodding while driving long distances which is something I have never has an issue with before. However not sure that is the same thing or related.

• Like 1