QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One Word Status Update

JustinW

Loan payments?

I love Calculus personally, especially how it links to physics

Kind of! We are doing present value of annuities but also loan payments. This is an equation for present value of growing annuity that we have been using a lot, but our professor makes us calculate in foreign currency ( Swiss franc, British pounds, yen) and then convert it to US dollars etc etc...

http://www.financeformulas.net/Formula%20Images/PV%20of%20Growing%20Annuity%201.gif

I can handle memorizing the equation and plugging into the equation but not when he starts tripping us up and throwing things like arbitrage and currency conversion and excel worksheets with irrelevant data and all this stuff to make our lives difficult.

eewww.....that equation just turned my stomach and gave me a panic attack as well. good luck with that class. I hate math too.

yeah, these equation were giving me SERIOUS panic attacks but I spent some time - a full 2 days-- sitting with the material and trying to absorb them and understand them so I feel slightly better but still panicky about my coming exam next week. But I have an exam tomorrow on supply chain management I have to prepare for first.

Sounds judgemental.  Was there anything you enjoyed about his company?  Was he tweaking?  Were you a little bit jealous you couldn't be on his plane?

I thought my adderall friends were good buds too, but it seems that those friendships were mostly centered around the drug and getting high.  I don't see my adderall friends much anymore, either.

• Like 1

He was an old colleague, the guy who sold me on Adderall, tho I was on concerta and ritalin long before.  He was pretty drunk and tweaking. A normal person would have passed out from the booze but the adderall kept him going.  

Am i jealous? YES. He continues to use adderall without the consequences I've suffered (fired,dumped,broke).  But also I am angry.  I was doing fine before I got sucked into his tornado of fucked up.  I chose to take those first few pills he gave me. I chose to get a script, and renew it. I chose to double doctor.  I also chose to get clean.  But I wish he never told me what adderalll was.  I wish I never had to make the choice he presented me.  

This person is the last vestige of my old life. As an innovative advertising executive. A life that was exciting, dramatic, and cool (it was hell most of the time this just how I remember it).  I think the line that applies here is 'to all things there is a season'.  So onward forward don't look back life goes on. But for god sake make smarter choices

• Like 2

Thanks Justin. My new life is pretty cool its a lot more Springsteen and Beatles and a lot less Kayne and Dubstep. I'm making ends meet as a freelancer running my own business and I'm doing some really great work. Check out this site I've been working on http://goo.gl/0EUEAf . I am doing some of the best work I've done in years, I'm launching new sites working my ass off and loving the struggle. I just get stuck on what once was when I should focus on what could be. I have to remind myself that I am talented even when my stupid form code isn't working. 

• Like 2