QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One Word Status Update

JustinW

It depends on where they were from in America. Sometimes Yankee is a term used by foreigners to denote an American but it can also refer to someone from north of the Mason-Dixon line. I guess that makes me a yank anyway you slice it!

Watched Caddyshack tonight to ease the pain from today's math test - Now I'm all right!

• Like 1

Okay...the team thing is getting better. We still fought and argued several times, we still ripped at each other's ideas...we still don't really know what we are doing.. we had a meeting today and I brought my laptop and just did work for an hour while they fought and tuned them out. Because I had given up and had no more energy to argue or express any opnions. The bottom line is that...we have at least come to some kind of consensus and I feel as if people are being less self centered...and overall I am much much happier about it. This is a million times better than where we have been at.

The last couple days in fact we were on the verge of killing each other, and it's been exhausting to put it mildly, so I went from happy and gratfully employed to something else altogethert...I think and hope it gets brighter and this team gets better from here forward. We at least seem to agree on a central theme -- and if u want to look at the positives, none of us are lazy ..that's good at least..Im going to sleep better I think.

• Like 2

I think the overly strong and opinionated personalities have been somewhat contained and put off to the side on their own project ....I could write a page about the teams performance today..the ridiculous power shifts,.. And so much ridiculousness...but to put a long story short..we found out we have to do a dry run This coming tues..one week earlier than we were planning for,..one girl at the 11th hour stepped up to the plate and stayed laser focus and managed to take control of the reigns (to the best she could do) in a productive way in spite of everything. She deserves a Nobel peace prize.

• Like 1

When an American calls the self a Yankee what do they mean?

I think it could mean at least three things:

A fan or a member of the baseball team,

Somebody who is trying to disassociate themselves from living in the American south or disavow Southern culture 

Or, as Justin said, someone living north of the Mason Dixon Line.  I don't hear the term used very much in the Western US.

Somebody who still wants to take a side in the Civil War

I think the word has strong cultural connotations

Back to work tomorrow and back to ugh my team of interns. I really hope we can pull it together and not embarrass ourselves for our dry run on Tuesday before a very senior person. I spent a lot of time today trying to outline and conceptualize a creative strategy since we do not have one. I will strangle people if they shoot it down because we are nearly out of time. I plan to act like our team is wonderful through my gritted teeth because the last thing we need is less team morale (and conflict) than we already have.

• Like 1

Back to work tomorrow and back to ugh my team of interns. I really hope we can pull it together and not embarrass ourselves for our dry run on Tuesday before a very senior person. I spent a lot of time today trying to outline and conceptualize a creative strategy since we do not have one. I will strangle people if they shoot it down because we are nearly out of time. I plan to act like our team is wonderful through my gritted teeth because the last thing we need is less team morale (and conflict) than we already have.

Sounds like a good lesson in group dynamics. It's tough when there are different factions at work.

Ughhhh..we are in fine shape for tomorrow's dry run..NO THANKS to so many of the people on this team. That's all I'm going to say. I'm gunna stop here.

Teamwork sucks balls. That's why I work in sales - you're only responsible for yourself.
  • Like 2