QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One Word Status Update

JustinW

We'll see how the test went when the results get mailed out next week. I really want to do well on the first three tests in this class so I don't have to take the final. My microeconomics class is officially half done; this week's and next week's quizzes are supposed to be the worst because they cover 3 chapters of information instead of two. It's a lot of information to cram into 5 weeks vs. the usual 16. I'm glad that my other three classes are on a more relaxed 8 week schedule. I don't think that I would survive 4 classes in 5 weeks. I know it sounds like I might be going to a "for profit" school with these tight schedules but rest easily, I am attending a community college until the end of this year and then I am going to a state college. One of my friends is going to a very popular "for profit" university and I cringe when we discuss school because of the school's reputation (warranted or unwarranted). On a high note, I submitted my graduation application today which was a big step for me.

Lol I work at a for profit university.

Lol I work at a for profit university.

Then I hope that my statement came across for what it was; that for profit universities tend to have a bad rep but I don't know if it is deserved or not.  I think that it is probably a case where there are a few good ones but the bad ones give the entire industry a black eye.

Zerokewl, i Finally got through game of thrones. It was funny, I was half watching half sleeping and then suddenly it seemed a major character I was rooting for was going to die and I became super alert and super concentrated for about a minute, and when I realized he wasn't going to die, I went back to my half asleep half watching state of mind.

That is a testament to how good this show is and how "invested" I am in the characters. I am bummed they did not address Tyrions storyline.

• Like 1

Then I hope that my statement came across for what it was; that for profit universities tend to have a bad rep but I don't know if it is deserved or not.  I think that it is probably a case where there are a few good ones but the bad ones give the entire industry a black eye.

The two I've worked for are good ones - they're not the bad apples. To be honest, curriculum are pretty standardized across accredited schools, so a science class, for example, at a for profit school vs. non profit is likely to be the same. Also, almost all college faculty are adjuncts now, so they teach across all the schools - for profits, community colleges, ivy leagues, etc. Every adjunct I've met at my current school also teaches at a state school or community college to supplement their income.

• Like 1

Zerokewl, i Finally got through game of thrones. It was funny, I was half watching half sleeping and then suddenly it seemed a major character I was rooting for was going to die and I became super alert and super concentrated for about a minute, and when I realized he wasn't going to die, I went back to my half asleep half watching state of mind.

That is a testament to how good this show is and how "invested" I am in the characters. I am bummed they did not address Tyrions storyline.

It was an awesome episode tons of action looking forward to the finale. actually not really I want every Sunday to be Game of Thrones. I think I will probably watch season 4 over again after the finale. The story is so dense I feel like if I blink I'm missing something.

It was an awesome episode tons of action looking forward to the finale. actually not really I want every Sunday to be Game of Thrones. I think I will probably watch season 4 over again after the finale. The story is so dense I feel like if I blink I'm missing something.

Good news ..George rr Martin says he may extend the series to 8 books instead of the planned 7 books.

• Like 1

It's neat how wordpress can be so dynamic and have so much functionality if you learn how to use it and install all the plugins. I used to have a wordpress blog..it was fun but I didn't have the energy to keep it going when I went to school.

Wordpress is changing and evolving so rapidly. I'm really impressed with how much I can do without writing any code.

Wordpress is changing and evolving so rapidly. I'm really impressed with how much I can do without writing any code.

Yes, it is amazing how much can be done without code! I don't have a coding background but I was able to do so much on wordpress site through installing plugins.