QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One Word Status Update

JustinW

"This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. "A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, 'Hey you. Can you help me out?' The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on.

"Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, 'Father, I'm down in this hole can you help me out?' 

The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on

Then a friend walks by, 'Hey, Joe, it's me can you help me out?' And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, 'Are you stupid? Now we're both down here.' The friend says, 'Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.'"  - Leo WestWing

• Like 2

Fat.

Warning- bitch fit mode engaged- fire!!!

So, my husband comes home and suggests I take some "me time" and go to hot yoga if I'd like to.

Listen, I know I'm sounding a typical crazy girl here. But what I heard is, "take your fat ass to the gym." Why does he have to suggest "me time" as hot yoga and never coffee or the park or anything else!?!!

I'm so flip-pin' pissed!!! (One of my favorite lines from White Chicks:)

Rant done. No need to reply. I'm being too sensitive I think. Have a good day guys!

• Like 3

Amy, it is impossible to live in close quarters with another human and avoid foot in mouth disease.  Guys are idiots when it comes to communication.  I'm not making excuses for him as he did say something insensitive.  Ranting here is a good way to vent.  Maybe give him a copy of the Man's Prayer as a subtle hint:

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess"

• Like 3

Having a bit of a "down day" tonight; I really just want one day that I can do 100% what I want to do. That's probably really selfish and unrealistic because I would most likely just piss away the day in bed. I don't know what my deal is.

• Like 1

bootcamp 1

Nice work, Zerokewl! 

Having a bit of a "down day" tonight; I really just want one day that I can do 100% what I want to do. That's probably really selfish and unrealistic because I would most likely just piss away the day in bed. I don't know what my deal is.

Not selfish at all and spending time pissing away the day in bed is def really important for recovery. 

• Like 2

Justin you without a doubt deserve a "down day" to do whatever you want to do. And if lounging in bed is what you spend most of your day doing because that's what you wanted/NEEDED to do. It would not be selfish at all. It fact it would be GREAT!!!

Maybe it's your mind telling you something. Burnout would not be good for you considering all the things you have going on.

I hope you are able to find a "down day" really soon... heck even a few hours for "justin time" would be wonderful!

You deserve it!!!!

One of my favorite quotes is this one by john Lennon.

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."

- John Lennon

• Like 1

Bootcamp was hard suicides, squats, jumping jacks. All on the first hot day we've had in a loooong time.  When the hour was up  I felt good, sore but good.  I am excited to be back, bootcamps were impossible on Adderall.  Today was most certainly a triumph.  Also I rode my bicycle for the first time today. I think we are all going to have an amazing summer!

• Like 2

Idiot - I had a bad lunch yesterday and I'm sure that contributed to the bad mood.  I didn't want to spend a day in bed; I would rather spend a day in my workshop or out flying but I was frustrated with myself because I still don't have a ton of motivation.  Then my "to do" list started to overwhelm me and it was one big spiral.  I will feel so much better once the structure of school starts again next week.  This all feeds in to the concept of a ~16 month plateau of frustration that has been mentioned in other threads.

• Like 1