QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Curious Question - Diet and Exercise

Beback17

I have noticed during my on and off visits to this site and my own desire to quit taking this drug forever, that the withdrawal symptoms seem to vary in length/intensity from person to person.  The same stuff, but severity varies.   We have all heard the impact diet and exercise can have, along with certain supplements:  so I'm curious: 

What does your daily diet consist of?

Do you get regular phisical activity that is significant?  What kind?

Do you take supplements?  What kind?

I hope you all answer this question as honestly and detailed as possible.  I'm interested in seeing if there is any conncection between these variables and symptoms.

Thanks!

​

Supplents section has a lot of list of what helps people you really must find one that works for you. I find sometimes they help but after a couple days seem not to do much but still take them and a good multivitamin I never skip. Exercise is key I try to go to the gym every other day I found working out at home just does not cut it having the social interaction even if your headphones are on makes working out so much better you can sort of feed off energy of others. Diet I try to watch the carbs but nothing crazy but best of you can cut them out. I stopped drinking soda and recently stopped caffeine all together might go back to caffeine sort of giving it a month off see if it's best to avoid or not.

• Like 1

It makes perfect sense your self motivation is crashing waiting for that next pill to get you going again . That's why exercise is key it helps build those chemicals naturally back into your brain but your first couple weeks just rest your body needs it don't push yourself too hard if you build up motivation to take a jog do it if not then watch some Netflix and on the couch.

5 htp helps SO MUCH in feeling more positive.

eating comfort food is so helpful getting through the "dark" days.

hopefully things brighten up a bit for you in the next couple of days.

once you feel up to it (as soon as possible, I'd say these are totally safe to do on day 1 even) try these wall pushups

0812-wm-wall-push-up.jpg

shoot for doing a few of them really slow every time you get up to go to the bathroom.  but focus on perfect shoulder and back posture instead of how many you do them.  do them really slow too.  they just get your heart rate going a bit and give you a bit of a head rush (careful don't overdo it if you're still dizzy from withdrawls)

What does your daily diet consist of?

• Breakfast is generally high protein/fat. For example, this morning I had steak, eggs, and a sliced up avocado. Generally speaking, I have some form of meat + eggs + avocado with coffee + almond milk. 
  • Lunch is either meat + veggies or a high protein salad. 
  • Dinner is usually meat (whatever is on sale) with veggies and/or rice. 
  • Drink about a gallon of water a day (thinking about reducing my water intake, as I have to use the restroom every couple hours it seems.)
  • I sip on coffee all morning.
  • I have one cheat meal per week where I go all out. I might have to rein this in a bit sadly, as I'm not satisfied with my current weight. 

Do you get regular phisical activity that is significant?  What kind?

• I do 5 heavy weight lifting days a week (high weight, low reps), though I'm going to change this up to mid weight, higher reps soon in hope of shredding down a bit. Ever since I quit Dexedrine/Adderall I seem to put on muscle AND fat much easier, so I'm doing whatever I can to slow the fat gain while maintaining muscle growth.
  • Cardio I do 0-4 times per week, depending on how many hours I work. I TRY to accumulate an hour of cardio a week, but this is simply not feasible if I'm working more than 50 hours a week.
  • That all being said, I would do whatever workout plan you see yourself doing consistently. Consistency is 90% of fitness success. A workout program that you can stick to for 3 months is FAR superior than a more intense workout program that you stick to for 3 weeks.

Do you take supplements?  What kind?

• I take 2000IU vitamin D3 and fish oil daily. Aside from those two, I take other supplements as needed, exclusively from the Legion product line (not a paid sponsor for Legion). Legion supplements don't have a "proprietary blend", so I know exactly what/how much is in each pill. 
  • Like 1

Though my appetite has increased - obviously - I love nut and fruit mixes.  I pretty much eat the same stuff I did while taking Adderall just more of it.  watermelon! I love eating watermelon.  Salad is good, and I find my mood is improved when I eat veggies.  I'm going to go back to watching my intake this week to avoid putting on more pounds and to avoid not getting accustomed to  overeating. 

I've been cycling and running.  I think I am unconsciously planning on doing a triathlon because I have a desire to throw swimming in the mix. I'm have an addictive personality and I'm known to get crazy with the exercise.  haven't done any lifting this week though.  I used to lift 4-7 times a week pre-Adderall.  Most of my weight lost was water weight and muscle.  I made sure I ate on Adderall.

I drink a meal replacement protein shake during the day, supplements with b-complex vitamins, L-Tyrosine, 5 HTP, S-Adenosyl Methoinine and what ever else seems like a good idea. 

so far so good.  Still lazier than usual but overall happy and silly.  I had an extreme emotional break down Friday afternoon, but it passed.  One thing is certain, days seem like weeks.

• Like 2

If you have an addictive personality and want to do a triathlon then you are in for a treat.  :)  Races are like my cure in recovery.  I have given this a little thought recently, but I break it down like this.

1. They give me an ultimate goal to focus on which I cannot conquer if I am in the throws of addictive substances.

2. When I am following a training plan, it forces me to plan out my weeks/days in advance for training purposes. Checking the schedule everyday, I end up planning out my day ahead of time and also plan out activities and other goals as well. It's kind of like the snowball effect as just getting the ball rolling and then boom, I'm doing 10 other productive things that day.

3. It forces me to eat healthy.

4. It gives me something fun to look forward to.

5. I love the endorphin high and feel so much better than I ever did on drugs.

6. The feeling of accomplishment when you cross the finish line is unbeatable.

7. I love socializing with other people training for the same race.

8. It gives my anxiety an outlet (all the cardio) and soothes that shit out.

9. I like adding medals to my collection.  :)

10. I like getting faster, stronger, and staying lean.

Ok, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.  I really hope you start training because once you start and feel all the benefits, you won't want to go back to drugs.  There is a better way to live!

Praying for you!!