QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Seattle WA

No more headache, no more stomached, no more anxiety/paranoia/angry for no reasons...guess I start to feel more like a normal person. However, I still can't stop thinking about adderall...often dream about it. Right now, I don't have the energy/motivation to work out or do anything. I've been eating way too much and gaining tons of weigh. I've been thinking about life...I've done many things that I regret and it's too late to fix. When I was on adderall, I just did't care about anything or anyone. Now I have to face the reality and I am not sure if I can make it. I was using it everyday for the past 4-5 years....tried to quit many times but didn't work. I hope I can make it this time. So glad I found this site.

• Like 1

This sounds like me.  Well, like so many of us on this site, I suppose.  I am still struggling with the weight and the sluggishness, but I am happier overall.  It does come off, but it takes work and I don't feel like doing the work sometimes.  My friends and family say that they are glad that I quit.  I was not a very pleasant person when I was on Adderall.  I was harsh and antisocial.  I was mean and quick to fly off the handle.  I did not want to socialize and I lost many friendships over it. 

You can make it work and it is so worth it.  Keep checking this site.  I still come here every day...

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I also live near Seattle and would be interested in a support group.  my psychiatrist referred me to group therapy for depression and anxiety but I feel like it'd be better to be in a group with other adderolics going through similar things. Not sure how or where to find a group like this. Just officially asked to be taken off of it today so the withdrawals will start soon for me. Week 3 usually is the hardest (and I know cause I've had to wait that long for my refills to be ready for over a year) ☺️

• 9 months later...

Hey! I live in Capitol Hill, and I'm looking for a local support network here in Seattle. I'm about three months deep into quitting, so I'm over the really tough hump, but I'm bracing for future cravings and could really use some friends going through the same thing as me.

Message me if you want to meet up sometime!

Erica America

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2015 at 9:13 PM, Dexterthecat said:

No more headache, no more stomached, no more anxiety/paranoia/angry for no reasons...guess I start to feel more like a normal person. However, I still can't stop thinking about adderall...often dream about it. Right now, I don't have the energy/motivation to work out or do anything. I've been eating way too much and gaining tons of weigh. I've been thinking about life...I've done many things that I regret and it's too late to fix. When I was on adderall, I just did't care about anything or anyone. Now I have to face the reality and I am not sure if I can make it. I was using it everyday for the past 4-5 years....tried to quit many times but didn't work. I hope I can make it this time. So glad I found this site.

On 8/31/2015 at 2:01 AM, Dexterthecat said:

Anyone in Seattle WA? I have been off adderall for 5 weeks now....still can't stop thinking about it. I don't want to be in a rehab, but I'd like to join a local support group. I'm also suffering from eating disorder (binge eating and bulimia). Hope to hear from you.

I’m the same